|By Jeremy Geelan||
|August 26, 2009 02:30 PM EDT||
Cloud computing is an approach to computing that enables organizations to leverage scalable, elastic and secure computing resources as services with the expected results of simplified operations, significant savings in cost and resources and an increase in operational flexibility.
With its deep experience and rich technological innovation and capabilities in the enterprise server marketplace, as well as its involvement in transaction-intensive, mission-critical environments, Unisys is in a unique position to provide cloud computing that is secure enough and scalable enough for enterprise-class computing.
As a pioneer in large-scale computing, Unisys has tackled some of the toughest security challenges in the world for both public and private sector clients. The company brings a holistic approach to security that spans digital and physical environments, securing a client’s people, places, assets and data.
SYS-CON Events is accordingly delighted to announce that the Opening Keynote at its 4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo is to be given by Richard Marcello, President of Systems & Technology at Unisys.
Unisys unveiled this week an innovative cloud computing strategy and solutions portfolio for organizations to move enterprise application workloads securely to tailored cloud environments with greater confidence in maintaining the integrity of critical information.
“I believe that cloud computing will revolutionize the way enterprises obtain business and IT services and change the kind of payback they get from their IT investments,” says Marcello, adding:
“Our clients tell us that they see great value in moving enterprise applications and data to the cloud. However, they have lacked the comprehensive security to make them confident in doing so."
In his keynote, Marcello will outline how Unisys intends to customize and manage the cloud experience, from consulting to determine what can be moved and how, all the way through ensuring peak performance and delivery against SLAs with a fully managed cloud service.
“I believe that cloud computing will revolutionize the way enterprises obtain business and IT services and change the kind of payback they get from their IT investments,” says Marcello. His keynote will be given at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, on November 2, 2009.
“Bringing the Economics of the Web to Enterprise IT Through Cloud Computing” is the conference theme and our organizing principle is that through our intensive three-day schedule of keynotes, and general and breakout sessions, attending delegates will be assured of leaving the Conference with abundant resources, ideas and examples they can apply immediately to leveraging the Cloud, helping them to maximize performance, minimize cost and improve the scale of their endeavors.
Marcello's keynote will set the tone for the Enterprise IT focus of the entire conference.
Topics to be discussed November 2-4 in Santa Clara include all aspects of providing or using massively scalable IT-related capabilities as a service using Internet technologies.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?