|By John Ryan||
|September 16, 2009 10:00 PM EDT||
I use all of these social media tools and although they haven't put me on my own island in the Caribbean yet, I'm very pleased with the combined results.
1. Twitter – It’s the fastest way to share that you have created something of value. As a bonus, Tweetdeck or CoTweet are good ways to manage your Twitter efforts and research. Huge audience with lots of active participants. There are a few shady characters on Twitter but just like being at Grand Central Station, you just step aside and keep moving. It doesn't mean you eschew the benefit. Micro-blogging is probably here to stay so it's a good idea to get up on good habits regardless of what future tools look like.
2. Linked In – It’s the professional network standard where people will find you. A terrific way to maintain knowledge of what former colleagues are doing now. You can also join groups at Linked In that are focused on topics that matter to you.
3. Ning– Build or join a community that wants relevant information and discourse – and blog consistently with professional passion. Use Twitterfeed to automatically update Twitter with your blogs. If you are building your own community, Ning will most likely be a slow build membership effort unless you have an existing group lined up. I have placed my BuyerSteps site there and I allow other approved marketing and sales professionals to post writings.
4. Ulitzer – Reach an existing and broader audience than your own blog with your writings. It automatically uploads your postings from your blog site once you have set it up in the author administration panel. You will need to go in later to spend a few minutes to further categorize the articles. As a bonus, you can see how views you are receiving on each story which allows you to do your own research. You will want to spend time in the author administration panels early to better understand how to categorize your writings.
There are different opinions on these sites, but I focus on raw functionality not hype. By working daily to learn the nuances of how these social media tools work together, I have been contacted by professionals I would have never met through my own network.
All of these tools are improving their ability to work with other social sites and blogs. This is important over time since it allows the professional to better leverage their activities. If you are a marketing or sales professional and want to discuss this or learn more, please drop me an e-mail at email@example.com or tweet me at @BuyerSteps.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- The Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx Review – Strongly Love/Hate It
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?