|By GovIT News||
|October 1, 2009 02:15 PM EDT||
Tactical Cloud Computing is a technology branch referring to the use of cloud computing technology and techniques for the support of localized and short-lived information access and processing requirements.
Register Now For This Panel FREE with Coupon Code (First 50 registrations): VIPguest
At SYS-CON's 1st Annual Government IT Conference & Expo in Washington DC on October 6, 2009, there will be a "Tactical Cloud Computing" Panel, to be simulcast on SYS-CON.TV, in which speakers from Unisys, SAIC and Lockheed Martin will be discussing possible and already existing use cases with GovIT Expo technical chair Kevin L. Jackson, who will be moderating.
"Defense, homeland security and law enforcement organizations are looking to leverage this new and exciting IT capability," says Jackson, who explains that possible use cases might include any or all of the following:
- “Cloudbursting” to support cyclic data processing requirements
- Establishing a cloud-based collaboration environment in order to coordinate firefighting resources during a wildfire
- Virtually binding shipboard IT infrastructures in order to create a battlegroup infrastructure-as-a-service platform
- Virtually binding land vehicle based servers and storage resources into a battlefield data center
- Dynamic provisioning of virtual cloud-based servers in order to automate exploitation and dissemination of unmanned air vehicle (UAV) streaming video feeds
About the Panelists:
Melvin B. Greer - Lockheed Martin
Melvin Greer is Senior Research Engineer, SOA/Cloud Computing Chief Architect, and Director SOA Competency Center, Lockheed Martin, Advanced Technologies Office. With over 20 years of systems and software engineering experience, he is a recognized expert in Service Oriented Architecture and Cloud Computing. He functions as a principal investigator in advanced research studies. In addition to his professional and investment roles, Greer is a Certified Enterprise Architect, Fellow and Adjunct Faculty at the Federal Enterprise Architects Institute, and a member of the International Monetary Fund / World Bank, Bretton Woods Committee. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and universities and is an accomplished author - Software as A Service Inflection Point, Using Cloud Computing to Achieve Business Agility is his most recently published book.
Kartik Mecheri - Unisys
Kartik Mecheri is the Chief Technologist for a large government contract and works for Unisys Federal Division. He is a leader in designing transformational modernization strategies building on enterprise SOA, BPMS, and asset re-use. He has over 10 years experience working with large federal systems modernization. As chief technologist and thought leadership he is responsible for providing senior government agency officials consultative advice related to the latest technologies to enable them to take advantage of the benefits experienced with emerging technologies. As a member of the Unisys consulting team he has also led large government agencies in the challenge of implementing Service Orientated Architecture and other latest technologies in adopting enterprise wide architecture solutions. He has a Masters in Engineering.
About the Moderator:
Kevin L. Jackson - Dataline
Kevin Jackson is the Director Business Development for Dataline, LLC, the Tech Chair of 1st Annual GovIT Expo and the author of “Cloud Musings”, a blog dedicated to government cloud computing. His previous positions include Strategic Computer Solutions VP, IBM Worldwide Sales Executive and JP Morgan Chase VP. Mr. Jackson has a BS in Aerospace Engineering, a MA in National Security & Strategic Studies and a MS in Computer Engineering.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?