|By Maureen O'Gara||
|August 16, 2010 07:45 AM EDT||
In the wake of Mark Hurd’s unceremonious exit from HP Friday August 7th, one-time Blanc and Otis flak Caprice McIllvaine, the top aide who reportedly introduced Hurd to the woman who eventually brought him down, quit the company Monday.
McIllvaine was head of HP internal communications and also described on LinkedIn as “CEO program manager,” otherwise recognized as Hurd’s chief of staff. It was she who had the company geisha steering key C-level execs to Hurd at company summits around the world.
The 1980 Playboy model herself, Jodie Fisher, who hasn’t worked at HP since last year, is now in New Jersey working for her mom’s talent agency; Mark Andreessen, the HP board member who reportedly led the brigade against Hurd, has turned HP spokesman; the utterly bald 39-year-old ex-enfant terrible Andreessen, now a VC, is also on the boards of eBay, Skype and Facebook; meanwhile, the odds makers are betting Hurd eventually turns up at a private equity house.
Speculators have also toyed with the idea of him going to Nokia, which is reportedly looking for a new CEO, and Dell, the weak HP competitor that could probably use a new one.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- M, comme Microsoft, M comme... Minable !
- Dell Delivers Connected Security Vision with Innovative Solutions and Capabilities
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Cloud Expo Silicon Valley: Big Data Analytics with Google Cloud Platform
- File Sharing +1 : Harnessing Google’s Cloud Collaboration Architecture
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?