|By Marketwired .||
|November 18, 2010 07:00 AM EST||
COPENHAGEN, DENMARK and SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/18/10 -- Sitecore, the leading provider of .NET Web Content Management System (CMS) software, today announced the Sitecore E-Commerce platform. The new solution gives e-commerce businesses the ability to provide engaging Web experiences, react quickly to prospect and customer needs, provide a personalized, relevant experience for individual shoppers and continually engage in compelling communications.
Built on the foundation of Sitecore's CMS, the e-commerce software platform provides a wide range of e-commerce functionality integrated with powerful marketing automation features and designed for business users. Unlike traditional e-commerce solutions that offer limited Web capabilities and sacrifice buyer engagement, Sitecore provides a Web experience that is more personalized based on a site visitor's profile and order history.
The Sitecore E-Commerce platform gives marketers the tools to track and optimize customer actions with specific e-commerce site goals including account creation and order completion. The software also includes a wizard-driven process for building a customized checkout, creating sophisticated forms, managing account data and maintaining purchase history for targeted promotions. Marketers can create traffic-generating email campaigns, and manage the product selection process -- including securing payment processing and shipping.
Dierbergs, an upscale supermarket with more than twenty stores, relies on Sitecore CMS and Sitecore E-Commerce for their retail-marketing oriented website that provides an engaging experience for online buyers.
According to Sitecore partner, Jeremy Ziegler, Chairman and CEO, Aware Web Solutions, "We needed to make sure Dierbergs' unique retail culture was properly translated to the Web, and the flexible features of Sitecore covered the critical marketing and sales requirements. We've moved a 150-year-old, family-run business and its traditional, high-quality values into a high-touch online shopping experience complete with cooking videos, blogs and social media integration. The new Web presence has strengthened Dierbergs' brand and increased sales."
With Sitecore, organizations can easily manage online product offerings using faceted search to locate and update specific product details, group related products and automate inventory levels. Sitecore offers a full range of options to support both entry- level and enterprise-class e-commerce sites. The solution can scale from a simple e-commerce site to organizations that have existing, mature systems in place and want to further integrate Web applications to drive e-commerce revenue and growth.
"The key to any successful e-commerce business is a website that attracts new visitors, optimizes conversion rates and keeps customers coming back for more," said Paul Markun, CMO, Sitecore. "With Sitecore's integrated e-commerce approach, marketers can offer their customers a high-touch shopping experience that generates revenue and differentiates their business from competitors."
Sitecore's Web Content Management System (CMS), portal and marketing automation software solutions enable companies to deliver compelling Web experiences. Sitecore's award-winning CMS software makes it easy for businesses to create and update dynamic, full-featured websites of all types. Sitecore's industry leading flexibility and scalability allow companies to better leverage their content, improve customer experience and drive business growth.
Thousands of public and private organizations, including national governments and Fortune 500 companies, utilize Sitecore solutions for their websites. These organizations have created and now manage more than 24,000 dynamic websites with Sitecore including ATP World Tour, Computer Associates, ISS, Lloyd's of London, Microsoft, Omni Hotels, Siemens, Thomas Cook and The Knot.
Connect in the Sitecore Community to experience Sitecore's success and that of its customers, partners and developers.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?