|By Elizabeth White||
|May 31, 2011 12:30 PM EDT||
The public cloud is about more than testing and development. More and more companies are migrating production applications into the cloud. Traditional ISVs, large enterprise, manufacturers and pure web-based properties are moving to the cloud.
In their session at the 8th International Cloud Expo, Treb Ryan, CEO of OpSource, Steve Woo, Sr. Director Product Management of Aerohive Networks, and Eric Hanselman, Research Director of The 451 Group's Networks practice, will discuss the drivers, challenges and impact of migrating real applications to the cloud. You'll hear from industry leaders and end users responsible for deployment and management about how the cloud is opening new markets and improving profitability.
Javits Center is getting ready for Cloud Expo in Manhattan
Treb Ryan is CEO of OpSource. Since 1996, he has been instrumental in defining and creating services organizations that improve the quality and reliability of the technology infrastructures businesses depend on for communications and commerce. He is currently considered one of the leading thinkers in SaaS and sits on the Software Executive Board at the SIIA. Prior to co-founding OpSource in 2002, Ryan was President of the Americas for Metromedia Fiber Network (MFN). He was responsible for integrating the sales and delivery organizations of the company's Internet businesses-hosting, IP networking, and managed services - providing customers with an integrated network and IT infrastructure solution. He attended UCLA and is an advisor to the UCLA CLAS fund.
Steve Woo is Sr. Director Product Management of Aerohive Networks. He was Vice President of Product Management at Pareto Networks, a leading cloud-based networking company that was acquired by Aerohive Networks in 2011. Previously Woo lead the development of McAfee's next generation firewall as VP Product Management after its acquisition of Secure Computing where he held the same responsibility. He has been Vice President of Marketing, Product Management and Business Development at several other successful companies, including Riverhead Networks. He holds MBA and MSEE degrees from Stanford University.
Eric Hanselman is the Research Director of The 451 Group's Networks practice. He has an extensive hands-on understanding of a broad range of IT subject areas, having direct experience in the areas of networks, virtualization, security and semiconductors. He helps The 451 Group's clients understand how market and technology trends may impact them, and how they can best capitalize on them. Eric holds a patent in image compression systems. He is also a member of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and a VMware Certified Professional (VCP), and he is a frequent speaker at leading industry events.
A Rock Star Faculty, Top Keynotes, Sessions, and Top Delegates!
Cloud Expo 2011 New York, June 6-9, 2011, at the Javits Center, New York City, New York, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
The growth and success of Cloud Computing will be on display at the upcoming Cloud Expo conferences and exhibitions in New York, June 6-9, and in Santa Clara, November 7-10, 2011.
The recent Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, was the largest Cloud Computing conference ever produced, more sponsors, exhibitors and delegates than all other Cloud events of the year combined!
Cloud Expo up next at the Javits in Manhattan
All main layers of the Cloud ecosystem will be represented in the 7th and 8th International Cloud Expo - the infrastructure players, the platform providers, and those offering applications, and they'll all be here to speak, sponsor, exhibit and network.
"Cloud Expo was announced on February 24, 2007, the day the term ‘cloud computing' was coined," said Fuat Kircaali, founder and chairman of SYS-CON Events, Inc. "Cloud has become synonymous with ‘computing' and ‘software' in two short years, and this event has become the new PC Expo, Comdex, and InternetWorld of our decade. By 2012, more than 50,000 delegates per year will be attending Cloud Expo."
Empire State Building - walking distance from Cloud Expo New York at the Javits Center!
for Cloud Expo 2011 New York
Cloud Expo 2011 New York "show prospectus" has shipped. Sponsorship, exhibit, and keynote opportunities can be obtained from Carmen Gonzalez by email at events (at) sys-con.com, or by phone 201 802 3021.
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream at www.sys-con.com - featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security - interwoven with market-leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Computing Expo (www.CloudComputingExpo.com), Virtualization Conference & Expo (www.VirtualizationConference.com), Government IT Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com), Cloud Computing Bootcamp (www.CloudComputingBootcamp.com), and UlitzerLive! New Media Conference & Expo (http://events.sys-con.com).
Cloud Expo, Cloud Expo East, Cloud Expo West, Cloud Expo New York, Cloud Expo Silicon Valley, Cloud Expo Europe, Cloud Expo Tokyo, Cloud Expo Prague, Cloud Expo Hong Kong, Cloud Expo Sao Paolo are trademarks and /or registered trademarks (USPTO serial number 85009040) of Cloud Expo, Inc.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?