|By Derek Harris||
|April 6, 2011 02:53 PM EDT||
Queplix Corp., a provider of data virtualization, on Tuesday introduced new Application Software Blades for Hive, HBase and Cassandra. Queplix is the first vendor to deliver a NoSQL data integration environment expanding the opportunity to leverage data from any database technology regardless of its structure - relational, object-oriented, XML, or NoSQL.
Intelligent Application Software Blades enable the Queplix Virtual Data Manager platform to securely connect to many different source applications and data. The new software blades for NoSQL databases can identify and extract key metadata and associated security information from the data stored within these databases, then bring it into the Queplix Engine to support data integration with other applications.
The Queplix Virtual Data Manager works with NoSQL databases by abstracting object structures from the various data sources, making it possible to create a metadata layer to recreate abstracted business objects. This eliminates having to deal with proprietary data definitions and the need to process large amounts of data in order to make it available for new applications. It also bridges the gap between the relational, object and NoSQL worlds for enterprise customers who have not yet seen any alternative to traditional data integration using legacy tools such as ETL.
"Queplix data virtualization and NoSQL databases are born from the same premise - provide data storage scalability and ease of information access and sharing through a non-relational, NoSQL approach," said Steve Yaskin, chief technology officer, Queplix. "Our two technologies complement each other perfectly. Today, data virtualization solutions are deployed to gain visibility into disperse application data silos without disrupting the original sources and applications. Now, data virtualization and NoSQL virtual data warehouse solutions can be deployed in tandem to implement the full spectrum of data management enterprise solutions, ranging from larger-scale data integration projects to the most sophisticated master data management strategies. We're excited about possibilities created by the integration of Queplix data virtualization and NoSQL distributed databases."
Some of the potential applications include:
- Utilizing NoSQL databases for Virtual CEP (Complex Event Processing) within Queplix Virtual Metadata Catalog;
- Implementing NoSQL-based virtual data warehouse solutions to provide high availability for large application stores that require massive analytics and semantic data processing;
- Large-scale Virtual Master Data Management initiatives involving enterprise-wide customer or product catalog building; and,
- Large-scale business intelligence projects based on Queplix Virtual Metadata Catalog.
In addition to the new Hive, HBase and Cassandra Application Software Blades, Queplix also offers blades for customer relationship management applications such as Siebel, SalesForce.com, and many other on-premise and cloud-based applications. Additional Application Software Blades will be made available to support business critical functions as Queplix extends its integration capabilities across additional applications.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?