|By Elizabeth White||
|May 23, 2011 02:54 AM EDT||
"Both Terracotta and Software AG are committed to further investment in our technologies and preserving the vibrant open source communities of Ehcache and Quartz," said Amit Pandey, CEO of Terracotta, as it was announced today in San Francisco, USA & Darmstadt, Germany, that Software AG has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Terracotta Inc.
"The combination of Software AG and Terracotta will provide enormous value to customers of both companies through a comprehensive software stack that supports the level of performance and scale required in private and public cloud infrastructures," added Pandey.
The acquisition, explained Software AG in an announcement, will allow it to provide innovative cloud solutions and dramatically increase the performance and scalability of its Business Process Excellence platform. The announcement continued:
"Terracotta’s product portfolio provides leading edge in-memory technology and is the de facto caching standard for enterprise Java. Terracotta’s in-memory processing will provide the foundation technology for Software AG’s cloud offerings. With in-memory data access up to 1,000 times faster than database access, this will enable Software AG to increase revenue with existing and new customers through significantly larger business process excellence projects encompassing complex event processing, mobile technology, cloud distribution and virtualization. The acquisition also extends Software AG’s business model options by adding a large and thriving open source community.
This transaction will strengthen Software AG’s market leadership in Business Process Excellence. Terracotta will be the in-memory technology in the Software AG product stack, supporting a highly scalable product portfolio and enabling a much broader usage of Software AG’s products in the most extreme application conditions. Customers will now have the most advanced technology solution available for analyzing vast amounts of data more efficiently and cost-effectively. This will provide vital real-time business information and insights and greater control over business processes and operations."
According to Software AG, the ability to scale the processing of massive loads of data across flexible, modular, geographically distributed architectures will also drive cloud adoption and transform the company into a full Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) provider in the mid-term.
Terracotta’s technology can store up to a terabyte of data in-memory. This will provide Software AG customers with an unprecedented boost to application and system performance and scalability.
"The integration of Terracotta’s technology with our product portfolio is a major step in ensuring that our customers can fully benefit from the convergence of cloud computing, the mobile web, complex event processing and real-time, multi-party collaboration through unprecedented levels of performance and scalability," said Software AG CTO Wolfram Jost.
"Software AG is also committed to fully supporting Terracotta’s Open Source Communities in further developing this next generation in-memory technology," Jost added.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?