|By Glenn Rossman||
|June 21, 2011 02:27 PM EDT||
Open-Xchange, the supplier of business-class email and groupware for cloud providers, today announced an agreement with Surftown -- the leader in domain name registration and web hosting in Scandinavia -- to bring cloud-based communication and collaboration to more than 500,000 users.
By the end of Q3 2011, Surftown customers will have the easy-to-use, integrated email, calendar and contact management from Open-Xchange. The cloud-based application can be accessed with a standard Internet browser (without installing software) and a PC, notebook, iPad or smartphone.
“Scandinavia is at the forefront of adopting new Internet and mobility technologies,” says Morten Felsvang, CEO of Surftown. “By providing consumers, as well as business customers, with cloud-based services, Open-Xchange is the perfect partner for differentiation in a highly-competitive hosting market.”
“Surftown is one of the first service providers to utilize the recently released Open-Xchange Mobile Web App that enables their customers access to emails, contacts and calendars via smartphones,” said Rafael Laguna, CEO of Open-Xchange. “With Social OX — where personal contacts from social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn or Xing can be added to the Open-Xchange address book -- users can access that information on their mobile devices without having to do anything further.”
By deploying the Open-Xchange in-application upsell mechanism, customers of Surftown’s standard hosting packages will be able to easily upgrade to premium features such as advanced sharing and document management functions. In addition, the Open-Xchange basic groupware package will become part of Surftown´s high-end hosting offering that provides small- and medium-sized businesses with a one-stop Internet presence and communication solution. Additionally, organizations that simply need a business-class email and collaboration solution can get it as an off-the-shelf product while Surftown handles transfer services to enable an easy and smooth transition.
With more than 24 million users, Open-Xchange is now the world's leading technology supplier of hosted groupware. Open-Xchange integrates email, calendar, contact and task management with advanced groupware features such as information management and document sharing, along with cutting-edge social network integration. By adding the Open-Xchange mobility capabilities, users can receive push email and synchronization of contacts, calendar and other information from their Open-Xchange account to their smartphones, including iPhone, Android-based devices, Nokia, Windows Mobile and others.
Surftown is an award-winning Scandinavian provider of cloud services started in 2003 and currently with 100.000 customer contracts, more than 200.000 domain names under management and 500.000 individual mail accounts.
Open-Xchange is the innovator of scalable and integrated open source email and collaboration solutions. For more information, visit www.open-xchange.com.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?