|By Jeremy Geelan||
|June 5, 2012 02:30 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 New York (10th Cloud Expo) now just one week away, what better time to remind you in greater detail of the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical and strategy sessions at the conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you every day from June 11 through June 14 dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing and Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT, side by side with the exploding use of enterprise Big Data – processed in the Cloud – to drive value for businesses...?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Mårten Mickos
COMPANY: Eucalyptus Systems
10TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: Clouds Are All About APIs
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2164553
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Mårten Mickos is CEO of Eucalyptus Systems. From 2001-8 he was CEO of MySQL AB, which was then bought by Sun. In September 2009 he become Entrepreneur in Residence at Benchmark Capital. He joined Eucalyptus as CEO in March 2010. According to no less an authority than BusinessWeek, Mickos "has a track record of building global disruptive businesses."
BLOG: Frequent contributor to Eucalyptus Systems Blog
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"Known worldwide as cloud pioneers from our times as an advanced research project at UC Santa Barbara, we [came out in August 2011] with an industry first: a private cloud platform with built-in High Availability.
In the last year we have seen over 25,000 Eucalyptus clouds start up all over the world. More and more companies with unpredictable and variable workloads are seeing the benefits of computational elasticity. Consumers are fickle, and if your website or mobile app isn't up to the load, you lose customers. PUMA, Wetpaint, Plinga and USDA are examples of organizations running massive production workloads on Eucalyptus.
Eucalyptus is known in the trade as a serious and robust piece of software. What runs on Eucalyptus runs well."
[from the Eucalyptus Systems company blog]
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?