|By Jeremy Geelan||
|November 7, 2011 01:30 AM EST||
With Cloud Expo Silicon Valley (9th Cloud Expo) starting today Monday November 7 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, let's introduce you in greater detail to the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical program at the conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you every day from Nov 7 through Nov 10 dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Jason Lieblich
COMPANY: Exoprise Systems
9TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: Google vs Microsoft: How to Arm Yourself for the Battle of the Century
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/1906997
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: A serial entrepreneur, Jason Lieblich is the Founder and CEO of Exoprise Systems. Previously VP & CTO of the virtualization division of Citrix, Lieblich sold his venture-backed company, Reflectent Software, to Citrix in 2006. He was the founder and CTO.
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
Almost every company that’s doing something in the cloud has an online calculator to help prospects determine the benefit of the cloud. These widgets provide some decent info, but not nearly enough to help an enterprise determine whether it truly makes sense to move a mission critical app like email to the cloud.
I started Exoprise to give IT professionals real data about how their applications are being used, what application specific features and functions their users prefer, if their needs can be met by a cloud-based alternative — and which one is the best fit. We cover TCO (deeply) too, but combine it with an assessment of many less obvious, but arguably more important, user and application attributes.
CloudReady Insight is currently focused on analyzing Microsoft Exchange and helping businesses choose their next collaboration platform in the cloud. We analyze the hard stuff (storage, compute, assets, power and electric, license costs, etc.) and the soft stuff — the end-user usage and readiness for alternative platforms. Businesses spend a lot of money on their messaging systems; care and feeding them, upgrading them. Some estimates are that the cost per person per year is more than $350. But the decision to abandon on-premise systems can’t just be about cost. It has to take into account the way the organization currently works, how the systems are used and, ultimately, what is the right property to migrate to for the business and the end-users."
[from Jason's Exoprise company blog]
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?