|By Jeremy Geelan||
|November 7, 2011 06:30 AM EST||
With Cloud Expo Silicon Valley (9th Cloud Expo) starting today Monday November 7 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, let's introduce you in greater detail to the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical program at the conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Vincent DiMemmo
9TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: From Data Center to Forklift - Case Study
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputingexpo.com/event/session/1358
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Vince DiMemmo is General Manager, Global Cloud & IT Services Segment at Equinix. A technology services and marketing veteran and has a broad range of expertise in managed services, applications infrastructure, telecommunications, disaster recovery & business continuity, and data center infrastructure, DiMemmo is responsible for the strategy, planning, commercial development, and program implementation of the developing Cloud Infrastructure, SaaS, and IT Services markets at Equinix.
Prior to joining Equinix, he held various senior executive roles in marketing, product management, and business development at SAVVIS Inc., SunGard Data Systems, Global Crossing and One Equity Partners.
BLOG: InterConnections - The Official Equinix Blog
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"Cloud needs to follow standard IT best practices, and end-users need to implement appropriate plans for their business. Service providers are showing great signs that they understand this as well, as we are seeing more innovation and options for the end-user to better use the cloud.
This will translate into more distribution of the service provider platforms, which will yield more service delivery zones, and more networking capabilities for end-users to access and integrate them. This will ultimately allow businesses to better plan for failure, recover faster, and ultimately have better control over their SLAs.
When we are not prepared for failure, there’s frequently some level of chaos. Whether that’s figuring out how to contain and correct the failure, or figuring our how to move your workloads and data from one service delivery zone to another or to perhaps to another cloud service provider. All at the same time everyone else is trying to do it. Planning for failure includes avoiding the chaos and having clear expectations that are based on planning and the implementation of best practices."
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?