|By PR Newswire||
|November 16, 2011 08:00 AM EST||
IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- VIZIO, America's #1 LCD HDTV Company*, announced today nationwide availability of its M-Series Theater 3D HDTVs, after yesterday receiving Popular Science magazine's "2011 Best of What's New Award" for Theater 3D technology. As a winner in the Home Entertainment category, VIZIO Theater 3D Technology will be featured in the December 2011 issue of Popular Science magazine.
"For 24 years, Popular Science has honored the innovations that surprise and amaze us − those that make a positive impact on our world today and challenge our views of what's possible in the future," said Mark Jannot, Editor-in-Chief of Popular Science. "The Best of What's New Award is the magazine's top honor, and the 100 winners − chosen from among thousands of entrants − represent the highest level of achievement in their fields."
Inherent in the M-Series 42", 46", 55" and 65" Edge Lit Razor LED LCD Theater 3D HDTVs, VIZIO Theater 3D technology boasts a brighter picture when compared to conventional 3D enabled units. The result is crystal-clear, flicker-free 3D, complete with a wider horizontal viewing angle and improved fast motion pictures. These attributes make the M-Series line perfect for watching HD or 3D content, bringing families together and providing viewers with stunning picture quality just in time for holiday gatherings.
M-Series Theater 3D HDTVs also utilize lightweight, battery-free glasses that work in most 3D theaters. The sleek VIZIO 3D eyewear is popular among Theater 3D viewers as it eliminates the discomfort felt by some and the high cost of active shutter glasses, common objections voiced by many 3D home theater viewers. With the affordable VIZIO Theater 3D glasses, families can host 3D gaming parties, 3D movie nights, 3D sports viewing get-togethers and other events, easily accommodating all viewers with comfortable and stylish 3D eyewear.
"From broadcast sporting events to streaming movies, VIZIO is truly making 3D content accessible for every family," said Matt McRae, VIZIO Chief Technology Officer. "The M-Series incorporates the very latest Theater 3D technologies and the recent recognition from Popular Science only validates our efforts to provide customers with great technology at an exceptional value."
In addition to a superb 3D picture, all M-Series units include VIZIO Internet Apps® (V.I.A.) technology and built-in 802.11n WiFi, giving users the convenience of on-demand movies, TV shows, social networks, music and photos, on their HDTV. By using the premium Bluetooth QWERTY remote to navigate the connected platform, the user's experience is further enhanced as VIZIO's web-based content is available at the touch of a button. Services such as Amazon Instant Video, Blockbuster on Demand, Facebook®, Fandango®, Flickr®, Hulu Plus™, Netflix, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, Twitter™ and VUDU®, can all be accessed through the V.I.A. platform on the Edge Lit Razor Theater 3D HDTVs, providing families with the ultimate entertainment hub.
The V.I.A platform and the stunning quality of the Theater 3D picture of the M-Series is matched by the latest high performance SRS audio technologies. SRS technologies deliver an immersive, virtual, high definition surround sound through StudioSound™ HD - the ultimate all-in-one audio experience, designed specifically for flat panel HDTVs. StudioSound HD delivers remarkably crisp and clear dialog, rich bass and consistent, spike-free volume levels.
The M-Series Edge Lit Razor LED LCD Theater 3D HDTV is currently available in three different sizes. The 42" M3D420SR has an SRP of $1,039.99, the 46" M3D460SR has an SRP of $1,259.99 and the 55" M3D550SR has an SRP of $1,649.99. The 65" M3D650SV will be available in January 2012 with an SRP of $2,099.99.
VIZIO, Inc., "Entertainment Freedom For All," headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 LCD HDTV Company. In Q2 2007, VIZIO skyrocketed to the top by becoming the #1 shipping brand of flat panel HDTVs in North America and in Q3 2007 became the first American brand in over a decade to lead in U.S. LCD HDTV shipments. Since 2007 VIZIO LCD HDTV shipments remain in the top ranks in the U.S. and were #1 for the total year in 2009 and 2010. VIZIO is committed to bringing feature-rich consumer electronics to market at a value through practical innovation. VIZIO offers a broad range of award winning consumer electronics. VIZIO's products are found at Costco Wholesale, Sam's Club, Walmart, Target, BJ's Wholesale, and other retailers nationwide along with authorized online partners. VIZIO has won numerous awards including a #1 ranking in the Inc. 500 for Top Companies in Computers and Electronics, Fast Company's 6th Most Innovative CE Company of 2009, and made the lists of Ad Age's Hottest Brands, CNET's Editor's Choice, CNET Best of CES 2011 - Television, IGN Best of CES - Television, Bluetooth.org Best of CES, Good Housekeeping's Best Big-Screens, PC World's Best Buy, Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice and OC Metro's 10 Most Trustworthy Brands among many other prestigious honors. For more information, please call 888-VIZIOCE or visit on the web at www.VIZIO.com.
The V, VIZIO, VIZIO Internet Apps (V.I.A.), Theater 3D, Full Array TruLED, Edge Lit Razor LED, 240Hz SPS, 480Hz SPS, Entertainment Freedom and Entertainment Freedom for All names, logos and phrase are registered or unregistered trademarks of VIZIO, Inc. All other trademarks may be the property of their respective holders.
About Best of What's New
Each year, the editors of Popular Science review thousands of products in search of the top 100 tech innovations of the year; breakthrough products and technologies that represent a significant leap in their categories. The winners — the Best of What's New — are awarded inclusion in the much-anticipated December issue of Popular Science, the most widely read issue of the year since the debut of Best of What's New in 1987. Best of What's New awards are presented to 100 new products and technologies in 11 categories: Automotive, Aviation & Space, Computing, Engineering, Gadgets, Green Tech, Home Entertainment, Security, Home Tech, Health and Recreation.
*Source: IHS iSuppli Corporation Research Q3 2011 Market Tracker Report of Q2 2011 1st half of 2011 results.
SOURCE VIZIO, Inc.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?