|By Jeremy Geelan||
|May 18, 2012 07:00 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 New York (10th Cloud Expo) now just under four weeks away, what better time to introduce you in greater detail to the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical and strategy sessions at the conference...?
We have technical and strategy sessions for you every day from June 11 through June 14 dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing and Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT, side by side with the exploding use of enterprise Big Data – processed in the Cloud – to drive value for businesses...?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Paul Rubell
COMPANY: Meltzer Lippe Goldstein & Breitstone, LLP
10TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: Cloud Computing & Healthcare
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2146430
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Paul Rubell is Partner at Meltzer Lippe. He is founding member of Stony Brook University’s Center for Wireless and Internet Technologies and has substantial experience in all areas of business law.
Rubell represents public and private companies in merger and acquisition and financial transactions, is author of an open source software licensing white paper, and is the former personal/corporate attorney for world famous diet doctor Robert C. Atkins.
RECENT TECHNOLOGY QUOTE:
Paul Rubell recently stated, “Facebook’s IPO filing highlights the resurgence in technology’s profound effect upon social change and human ingenuity. The investing community has once again jumped on the bandwagon of technology companies as a way to reap financial rewards. This is not, however, a return to the hey-day of the dotcom era of the 1990s.
“Digital media and technology companies of the 2010’s generally have a firmer basis in real products, bon-a-fide services and sound ways to earn revenue. Facebook, for instance, grossed $2 billion in revenues during 2011. Although, its valuation of $100 billion is fantastically high, the amount bears a direct correlation to the way Wall Street and Facebook’s user community hold this company, and the entire concept of digital communications, in high regard,” said Rubell.
“Entire waves of political change, such as Occupy Wall Street and the “Arab Spring” revolts have shown how one person, acting alone can effect broad political economic and other changes. Prior to the world-wide web in the 1990’s, it was nearly impossible for anyone to be heard instantly round the world, but today Facebook, and companies like it, are able to facilitate the immediacy of personal interaction. Thus the filing of Facebook’s IPO is an arbiter of the world we live in and a harbinger of great advances in technology yet to come.”
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?