|By Marketwired .||
|February 23, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/23/12 -- Box® today launched an all-new version of Box for Android, bringing new collaboration features as well as support for several European languages to the rapidly growing number of knowledge workers on the Android platform. Available today for Android phones and tablets, the updated app features an overhauled user interface leveraging the Google Android 4.0 design, and makes it easy for users to be more productive on-the-go by commenting on Box files, inviting new teammates to folders, and more. All users who update or download the new Box for Android app in the next month will receive 50GB of free file sharing and storage for the lifetime of their Box account. In addition, Box and Samsung have teamed up to offer users an opportunity to win 20 Samsung Galaxy Tabs and 20 seats of Box Enterprise for their business.
"Legacy enterprise solutions simply can't extend content and collaboration to the diverse set of devices that knowledge workers are bringing into today's organizations," said Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box. "At Box, we're all about empowering mobile workers to be productive from anywhere, on any device, and today's release sets a new bar for content sharing and collaboration on the Android platform."
More than 100,000 businesses and 82% of the Fortune 500 use Box to manage information and collaboration online and from mobile devices. In fact, mobile demands are increasingly driving IT decisions and budgets. In a February 2012 report, "Mobile is the New Face of Engagement" by Forrester Research, Inc. report author, Ted Schadler predicts that, "Business spending on mobile projects will grow 100% by 2015. More than half of business decision-makers will increase their mobile apps budget in 2012 as they look for better ways to engage with customers and partners."
New Collaboration Features and Language Support for Mobile Workers Across the Globe
Today, 40 percent of Box's more than 8 million users are located outside the United States. To further Box's international growth, the new Box for Android app offers localized European language support, with more languages coming soon. The app update also includes several key collaboration features, providing a more robust Box experience for mobile workers. Updates in this release include:
- Localized language support in French, Italian, German and Spanish
- The ability to view and add comments to individual Box files and invite a teammate to a folder
- Improved uploading experience for saving content to Box, including batch uploading multiple files from an SD card and in-app progress notifications
- Overhauled user interface that leverages the sleek Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) design, including a new Action Bar on phones and tablets
50GB Update and a Chance to Win 20 Samsung Galaxy Tabs for Your Business
For one month, Box is offering all Android users 50GB of free cloud file sharing and storage for the lifetime of their Box account, making it easier than ever to access large quantities of business content from anywhere. To claim their 50GB, users can simply update or download the latest version of Box for Android (version 1.6) and log in from their Android smartphone or tablet. New users will need to sign up for a Box account from their Android device. The offer is available for one month, ending March 23, 2012.
Box and Samsung have teamed up to show the power of the Box Enterprise solution and Samsung Galaxy Tab combination in today's organization. For a chance to win tablets for your business, simply submit an essay of 200 words or less describing how Samsung Galaxy Tabs and seats of Box Enterprise will help move your business forward. The winner of the contest will receive 20 seats of Box Enterprise for one year free and 20 Samsung Galaxy Tabs equipped with Box for Android. Two runners-up will each receive one Samsung Galaxy Tab.
To enter, please visit http://www.box.com/mobile-giveaway
Download Box for Android Today
The new version of Box for Android (1.6) is available for download in the Android Market today and other Android app stores soon (Amazon App Store, LG World, Verizon Store and NOOK Store). For more information about the Android update, please visit the Box blog.
If you're attending to this year's Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona from February 27 - March 1, demo the new app and meet the Box team in the Google Android booth.
Founded in 2005, Box provides a secure content sharing platform that both users and IT love and adopt. Content on Box can be shared internally and externally, accessed through iPad, iPhone, Android, TouchPad and PlayBook applications, and extended to partner applications such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce. Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, Box is a privately held company and is backed by venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Emergence Capital Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, Scale Venture Partners, and U.S. Venture Partners. To learn more about Box, please visit www.box.com.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?