|By PR Newswire||
|March 27, 2012 09:01 AM EDT||
CLOSTER, New Jersey, March 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ericom AccessNow™ delivers unprecedented flexibility in accessing hosted Windows applications and desktops from the widest variety of end-point devices
Ericom Software, a leading global provider of Application Access and Virtualization solutions today announced the general availability of the new version of its HTML5-based RDP client - Ericom AccessNow version 2.0.
Ericom AccessNow provides browser-based access to applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Services / RDS, virtual desktops on Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX and other hypervisors, and VDI platforms including VMware View, Quest vWorkspace and Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect.
AccessNow runs entirely within a browser and works natively with Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and any other browser with HTML5 support. As a true zero RDP client, Ericom AccessNow requires no software installation or any underlying technology on the end-point device, such as Java, Flash, Silverlight, etc. This simplifies and lowers the IT department maintenance and support workload and makes Ericom AccessNow an ideal solution for over-extended IT admins and helpdesk staff which are expected to support an ever-increasing variety of user devices. Devices supported include Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs, and any device that supports an HTML5 web browser (e.g., iPad / iPhone, Android, Google Chromebook, RIM Blackberry and Playbook, etc.).
Ericom AccessNow also enables Cloud hosting companies and DaaS providers to deliver virtual desktops as a service to any end-user device at any location, supporting the growing BYOD trend. In addition, it enables ISVs to quickly SaaS-enable their Windows Client / Server applications, in support of customers that are migrating to a Cloud infrastructure.
Ericom AccessNow version 2.0 includes major enhancements and dozens of new features, for example:
1. Printing - print from the remote host to the end-point device. 2. File Transfer - upload and download files between the remote host and the local, end-user device. 3. HTTPS communication - AccessNow automatically switches to HTTPS communication if WebSockets are unavailable or cannot be used: a. Enables support for most SSL VPNs, such as Juniper and Cisco b. Supports browsers that don't implement WebSockets, such as Android native browser and Microsoft IE9 (previously IE9 required installation of Google Chrome Frame) 4. Extended usability with finger gestures for touch devices - making it easy to page through presentations, quickly scroll through documents, and more 5. Support for multiple keyboard locales 6. URL redirection - clicking a web link in the remote session optionally opens it in a tab in the local browser 7. Auto Full-Screen - automatically enter and leave full-screen mode 8. Performance - improved display and audio performance
Ericom partners comment on this new release:
"Agosto is one of the nation's oldest, most progressive and fastest-growing Cloud and Google Apps consulting firms. As we move more companies to the Cloud, and our clients become increasingly device-agnostic, we believe that Ericom's products, particularly Ericom AccessNow will be a key part of our strategy," Irfan Khan, CTO of Agosto, Inc. commented, "We're witnessing a tectonic computing paradigm shift, as more and more organizations transition to Google apps and other Cloud services, while still having to retain use of their Windows-based applications. Ericom AccessNow helps bridge the gap and enables our clients to get the best of both worlds"
"As the leading provider of cloud-based solutions and services to government and corporate customers, and a Google Apps Premier Reseller, we're committed to supporting our customers' needs to access both the new generation of Web Apps, as well as their existing, Windows-based productivity applications," said Tony Bianco, President of Onix Networking's Cloud Computing Group. "Ericom AccessNow is an ideal solution as it enables our customers to take advantage of both infrastructures while protecting their existing IT investments. Additionally, the solution offers our customers the benefit of new and flexible ways to carry out their tasks while lowering the support and IT workload."
"This new release of our zero-client, browser-based RDP client represents a major leap forward in extending and underscoring our technological leadership in this market," said Eran Heyman, Ericom Founder and CEO. "AccessNow version 2.0 demonstrates Ericom's vision of high performance, any-device, anywhere access to hosted Windows desktops and applications, and enables and accelerates the adoption of BYOD and other advanced working modalities and trends." Heyman concluded, "Last but not least, AccessNow empowers DaaS providers to deliver Cloud-based virtual desktops anywhere and on any device, and enables ISVs to easily SaaS-enable their Windows applications for the Cloud."
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access, Virtualization and RDP Acceleration Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise business-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, Cloud Services, legacy hosts and other systems. With offices in the US, UK, EMEA, Ericom also has an extensive worldwide network of distributors and partners. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 7 million installations.
For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
Copyright© 2012 Ericom® Software. All rights reserved. Ericom is a registered trademark and AccessNow is a trademark of Ericom Software. All other brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- M, comme Microsoft, M comme... Minable !
- Cloud Computing Takes Not-for-Profits to New Heights
- Dell Delivers Connected Security Vision with Innovative Solutions and Capabilities
- The Enthusiastic Employee: How Companies Profit by Giving Workers What They Want (2nd Ed) Book Review
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Cloud Expo Silicon Valley: Big Data Analytics with Google Cloud Platform
- File Sharing +1 : Harnessing Google’s Cloud Collaboration Architecture
- Brightlink Chooses Net Optics Director Pro to Raise Performance Levels
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?