|By Glenn Rossman||
|April 6, 2012 04:00 PM EDT||
Open-Xchange, the supplier of business-class email and collaboration software for cloud providers, announced an agreement with NetArt -- a provider of domain name registration and web hosting in Poland -- to bring cloud-based communication and collaboration to more than 500,000 users.
NetArt will be offering Open-Xchange webmail on its service, nazwa.pl, providing end users with the most powerful email service available today.
At no additional charge, nazwa.pl customers will get modern, easy-to-use integrated email, calendar and contact management. This cloud-based application can be accessed with a standard web browser (without installing software) and a PC, iPad or smartphone.
Later this year, customers will be able to upgrade easily from webmail to take advantage of more advanced collaboration features and mobility support in Open-Xchange. Personal contacts from social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn or Xing can be easily added to the Open-Xchange address book.
By deploying the Open-Xchange in-application upsell mechanism, customers of NetArt's standard hosting packages will be able to easily upgrade to premium features such as advanced sharing and document management functions.
"Poland is a fast-growing market with thousands of small businesses seeking to leverage the benefits of cloud applications," says Piotr Zembura, member of the board and development director of NetArt. "As email, calendars and address management are key for our customers, Open-Xchange is the right starting point for NetArt to further develop our SaaS (software as a service) business."
"Communication and collaboration are leading the way for the adoption of cloud applications with small business owners and private users," said Rafael Laguna, CEO of Open-Xchange. "As email and shared web hosting become a commodity, communication services and business applications based on Open-Xchange are great opportunities for hosters to provide customers with value-added services."
With more than 42 million users, Open-Xchange is the leading messaging and collaboration cloud suite providing a seamless user experience across platforms and devices, as well as across social and business networks. Open-Xchange integrates email, calendar, contact and task management with advanced collaboration features such as information management and document sharing, along with cutting-edge social network integration. By adding Open-Xchange mobility capabilities, users can receive push email and synchronization of contacts, calendar and other information from their Open-Xchange account to their smartphones, including iPhone, Android-based devices, Nokia and Windows Phone.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?