|By Chris Bliss||
|September 27, 2012 03:20 PM EDT||
One of the great aspects of Software as a Service (SaaS) is that the software is always improving. It has to improve: users pay a monthly subscription, meaning they can cancel the service whenever they choose. Hence why the top software companies stay ahead of the curve and frequently release exciting updates and features.
This past year has been no exception, with many of the best SaaS vendors out there releasing some awesome new features. Below are some of our favorites!
Basecamp – 37Signals rolled out a brand new Basecamp earlier this year and there are some impressive innovations, including a much improved UI. Read about the new Basecamp here.
Zendesk – The New Zendesk was released earlier this month and it is quite impressive, particularly for customer service agents. The best just got better.
Freshbooks – The company always known as an easy to use invoicing tool is transforming itself into “cloud accounting”. We expect some exciting updates over the next several months. Read the announcement from Freshbook’s founder here.
Solve360 – The self-proclaimed “modern cloud based CRM that doesn’t suck” also rolled out some cool new features this year. The Google Apps integration keeps improving, there’s an integration with cloud accounting giant Xero, and much more!
CapsuleCRM – This year saw CapsuleCRM’s mobile app make the leap from mediocre to industry leading. If you are looking for a pipeline sales tool that’s awesome to use on-the-go, CapsuleCRM’s mobile and iPad app has you covered.
These are just a few of the noteworthy improvements over the past year. What are some of your favorites? Leave your picks in the comments so we can check them out!
VM Associates is a New York City based cloud computing consulting firm. We help companies transition into newer, better, smarter software. Contact us to talk about your business, the cloud, and how we might help.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?