|By Jeremy Geelan||
|October 22, 2012 07:00 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 Silicon Valley (11th Cloud Expo) due to open in two weeks' time at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA - co-located with 2nd International BigDataExpo - let's introduce you in greater detail to the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical program at the West Coast conference...
We have technical and strategy sessions for you dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing & Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud and/or Big Data solutions that are transforming the world of Enterprise IT?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Jonathan Bryce
ORGANIZATION: OpenStack Foundation
11TH CLOUD EXPO OPENING KEYNOTE TITLE: Open Cloud – Place Your Bets!
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2390979
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Jonathan Bryce, who has spent his career building the cloud, is Executive Director of the OpenStack Foundation. Previously he was a founder of The Rackspace Cloud.
He started his career working as a web developer for Rackspace, and during his tenure, he and co-worker Todd Morey had a vision to build a sophisticated web hosting environment where users and businesses alike could turn to design, develop and deploy their ideal web site – all without being responsible for procuring the technology, installing it or making sure it is built to be always available. This vision became The Rackspace Cloud. Since then he has been a major driver of OpenStack, the open source cloud software initiative.
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"Open cloud is more than software. Open environments and ecosystems create incredible opportunities for users and businesses to push technology forward. OpenStack is open source software for building clouds. Designed to be pluggable and extensible,
OpenStack allows you to choose from a variety of commodity or enterprise hardware, tools and management options depending on your use case."
[From CloudOpen 2012 site]
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?