|By Marketwired .||
|October 30, 2012 11:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/30/12 -- Gliffy, the first and most trusted browser-based tool for quickly creating and publishing diagrams and charts, today released a completely new HTML5 version of its add-on for Confluence, Atlassian's leading enterprise collaboration software.
Gliffy Confluence Plugin 5.0 has been rebuilt from the ground up in HTML5 and now loads and responds twice as fast as Gliffy's previous Adobe Flash app.
"We've spent over a year rebuilding Gliffy as a browser-native HTML5 application so that we can offer our customers the best possible experience," said Chis Kohlhardt, Gliffy co-Founder & CEO. "HTML5 is a superior technology to Flash. Developers prefer it, our customers prefer it, and browsers support HTML5 better than Flash because it's an open web standard."
Gliffy, which is a profitable, bootstrapped, SF-based company, has been developing products for the Atlassian ecosystem since 2006 and has sold add-ons into more than 3000 installations of Atlassian Confluence and Atlassian JIRA, the industry-leading issues management software.
Companies large and small, such as Pandora, Ask.com and Orion Health, have chosen Gliffy to add robust flowcharts, wireframes, diagrams and more to their text-based wiki pages. Product managers, engineers and many others involved in software development and business process management, use Gliffy to collaborate and share ideas quickly, improving documentation and speeding up software development.
"Add-ons like Gliffy deliver highly complimentary solutions for Atlassian's 22,000+ customers," said Atlassian's vice president of Atlassian Marketplace, Daniel Freeman. "We help innovators everywhere plan, build and launch great software and we're excited by Gliffy's continued innovation within the Atlassian Marketplace of 1,300+ add-ons."
The now-twice-as-fast Gliffy includes other major improvements such as:
- A revamped, lighter interface that's easier to use
- Over a dozen keyboard shortcuts
- Improved undo/redo, cut and paste, color picker, snap-to-grid and drawing guides
- Built-in, browser-enabled features such as spellcheck and keyword search
Gliffy is a leading provider of online diagramming tools for enabling visually impactful, collaborative communications. Gliffy offers a powerful, cost-effective alternative to Visio, featuring an intuitive drag-and-drop interface and translating the power of traditional desktop software into a lightweight, low learning curve browser-based application.
For more information, contact:
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?