|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- [Cloud Expo] -- SOA Software, a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA Governance solutions today announced the launch of the first Enterprise API Platform, to help enterprises reach new channels and gain business advantage, throughout all stages of the API lifecycle. The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is the first solution to address enterprise requirements across the entire API lifecycle, with planning, development, runtime and community management capabilities. With this solution enterprises can finally take advantage of the opportunities APIs present while protecting their security and brand integrity.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is the first platform to address the API needs of large enterprises:
- It offers support for the full API lifecycle from planning and development through operations and community management
- It is enterprise-class -- SOA Software has been delivering software and services solutions to large enterprise IT for years and our products meet enterprise requirements, including security, integration with existing infrastructure, performance and reliability, and much more
- It creates a Social Developer Community -- other solutions offer API or Developer portals, but they don't provide the social aspects to drive the network effect for API and App promotion across all developers in a community
- It enables federation between enterprise and Open communities allowing enterprise customers to promote their APIs through an open API marketplace
- It offers multiple deployment options -- the platform is available as on-premise software, managed hosted software, Open (free) PaaS, Enterprise PaaS and a hybrid of these choices
Other solutions only address a small sub-section of the overall requirements; focusing solely on API monitoring, or API security with no developer community capabilities; or offering only cloud or on-premise deployment options but not both. None of the other vendors in the market offer an adequate solution for managing the lifecycle of APIs, this is critical for any serious API initiative, especially for large enterprises with brands to protect. Furthermore, other solutions typically ignore existing investments in SOA platforms and SOA Governance despite the fact that most enterprise APIs will be built on top of existing SOA services. The Enterprise API Platform provides a comprehensive solution addressing all of these requirements and offering optional seamless integration with existing SOA Governance infrastructure and services to ensure end-to-end security, monitoring, management and impact analysis.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is designed to allow organizations to meet strong privacy policies and comply with SEC requirements, the Frank Dodd Act, the Information Protection Act, the Safeguards Rule and other regulatory requirements commonly used to protect information. It offers integration with enterprise identity and security infrastructure, enabling API security models including OpenId and OAuth. This ensures that App developers and end users remain subject to existing security and privacy policies and requirements.
"The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform's powerful combination of API Management and an innovative social Developer Community will drive developer adoption and open new business channels," said Kin Lane, API Evangelist. "This unique solution enables customers to manage the entire lifecycle of their APIs and promote them across new or existing groups of developers."
The Enterprise API Platform is available as an on-premise software solution, as-a-service, via an Open developer community as-a-service, or using a combination of any of these options. For example, a customer could choose to run the lifecycle management components of the solution as on-premises software, use the commercial PaaS offering to host and manage their APIs, and federate with the Open developer community to publish their public APIs to an established group of App developers. The deployment options are:
- On-premise software -- Deploy all or part of the Enterprise API Platform in your own datacenters. The platform includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager.
- Managed hosting -- SOA Software will host your software solution in a private managed datacenter allowing you to take advantage of rapid start up and ease of maintenance while maintaining control of your solution and protecting your security and brand integrity.
- Enterprise API Platform-as-a-Service -- Take advantage of the industry's most robust API and Developer Community Management capabilities offered as a service running across a global network of enterprise-class datacenters.
- Open API Developer Platform -- Publish your own APIs or connect with existing APIs through the free, public Open community.
The Enterprise API Platform provides a rich set of API Management capabilities to ensure the security, performance and availability of APIs, together with a social developer community solution for promoting and supporting the APIs and driving developer adoption. It provides end-to-end management of the API lifecycle, helping you make sure that you build the right APIs, build them the right way, and make sure that they are behaving correctly.
"Our Enterprise API Platform offers customers for the first time a game changing technology solution that will help drive the adoption of their APIs in highly competitive markets," said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software. "We see the creation and nurturing of robust developer communities as critical to API success."
The new SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager products. Key features include:
- Developer Community -- Take advantage of the viral power of the web with a solution that provides a connecting point where you can manage, share and promote your APIs in a secure, scalable environment. You can manage your own developer community, or plug-in to communities that already exist.
- API Lifecycle Management -- Define your API strategy according to business goals, maximize benefits and minimize risk, and automate the heavy lifting to help you build and run your APIs.
- API Publishing -- Publish your API and define the API at whatever level of detail you choose, using privacy settings to determine whether or not you want the platform to index your API content (name, description, docs, discussions and tickets) so that developers can easily find it, or find supporting information to help them use it.
- API Proxies -- Proxy your API to add security, monitoring, provisioning, QoS management and more. Or simply use the Open developer community to provide the social and search features you need.
- Documentation -- Leverage a dynamic documentation framework to build interactive documents for your API, create and upload your own documents, or use a combination of the two.
- API Security -- Secure your APIs via a wide array of authentication schemes, standards, and token types, protecting sensitive data while allowing access to authorized Apps and users. This includes comprehensive support for OAuth and other security standards, with deep integration with existing enterprise security solutions.
- Traffic Monitoring -- See how your API or App is performing and where your traffic is coming from with our real-time dashboard, historic charts and reports.
- QoS Management - Ensure quality-of-service for your APIs, managing quotas and service-levels for individual Apps.
- App Management & Provisioning -- Manage which applications can use your APIs, and how much traffic they can consume. This includes managing the App to API provisioning workflow, sandbox and production endpoint access, legal agreement acceptance and per App QoS policies.
Pricing and Availability
The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is available now. It offers a comprehensive set of features, platform support, and deployment options. Pricing is based on throughput. Please contact SOA Software for details.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA governance products that enable customers to plan, build, run and share enterprise services and APIs. The world's largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software products to harness the power of their technology and transform their businesses. Gartner placed SOA Software in the Leaders Quadrant for the 2011 "Magic Quadrant for SOA Governance Technologies." The company is also recognized as a "Leader" by the Forrester Research Waves for Integrated SOA Governance, SOA Management, and SOA Life Cycle Management. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
SOA Software, Community Manager, Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Service Manager, API Manager, and SOLA are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc.
With 10 simultaneous tracks, keynotes, general sessions and targeted breakout classes, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo are two of the most important technology events of the year. Since its launch over eight years ago, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo have presented a rock star faculty as well as showcased hundreds of sponsors and exhibitors! In this blog post, I provide 7 tips on how, as part of our world-class faculty, you can deliver one of the most popular sessions at our events. But before reading the...
Feb. 24, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 8,395
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 24, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,879
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Steve Wilkes, CTO and founder of Striim, will delve into four enterprise-scale, business-critical case studies where streaming analytics serves as the key to enabling real-time data integration and right-time insights in hybrid cloud, IoT, and fog computing environments. As part of this discussion, he will also present a demo based on its partnership with Fujitsu, highlighting their technologies in a healthcare IoT use-case. The demo showcases the tracking of patie...
Feb. 24, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 704
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 24, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,853
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 24, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,504
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Feb. 24, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,523
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 24, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,235
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Feb. 24, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 6,240
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 24, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,196
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Feb. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,908
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,237
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,875
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 4,964
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Feb. 24, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,508
SYS-CON Events announced today that Conference Guru has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. A valuable conference experience generates new contacts, sales leads, potential strategic partners and potential investors; helps gather competitive intelligence and even provides inspiration for new products and services. Conference Guru works with conference organizers to pass great dea...
Feb. 24, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 2,090
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 24, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 2,011
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 24, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 5,619
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 24, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,940
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Feb. 24, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,022
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 24, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 13,369