|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- [Cloud Expo] -- SOA Software, a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA Governance solutions today announced the launch of the first Enterprise API Platform, to help enterprises reach new channels and gain business advantage, throughout all stages of the API lifecycle. The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is the first solution to address enterprise requirements across the entire API lifecycle, with planning, development, runtime and community management capabilities. With this solution enterprises can finally take advantage of the opportunities APIs present while protecting their security and brand integrity.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is the first platform to address the API needs of large enterprises:
- It offers support for the full API lifecycle from planning and development through operations and community management
- It is enterprise-class -- SOA Software has been delivering software and services solutions to large enterprise IT for years and our products meet enterprise requirements, including security, integration with existing infrastructure, performance and reliability, and much more
- It creates a Social Developer Community -- other solutions offer API or Developer portals, but they don't provide the social aspects to drive the network effect for API and App promotion across all developers in a community
- It enables federation between enterprise and Open communities allowing enterprise customers to promote their APIs through an open API marketplace
- It offers multiple deployment options -- the platform is available as on-premise software, managed hosted software, Open (free) PaaS, Enterprise PaaS and a hybrid of these choices
Other solutions only address a small sub-section of the overall requirements; focusing solely on API monitoring, or API security with no developer community capabilities; or offering only cloud or on-premise deployment options but not both. None of the other vendors in the market offer an adequate solution for managing the lifecycle of APIs, this is critical for any serious API initiative, especially for large enterprises with brands to protect. Furthermore, other solutions typically ignore existing investments in SOA platforms and SOA Governance despite the fact that most enterprise APIs will be built on top of existing SOA services. The Enterprise API Platform provides a comprehensive solution addressing all of these requirements and offering optional seamless integration with existing SOA Governance infrastructure and services to ensure end-to-end security, monitoring, management and impact analysis.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is designed to allow organizations to meet strong privacy policies and comply with SEC requirements, the Frank Dodd Act, the Information Protection Act, the Safeguards Rule and other regulatory requirements commonly used to protect information. It offers integration with enterprise identity and security infrastructure, enabling API security models including OpenId and OAuth. This ensures that App developers and end users remain subject to existing security and privacy policies and requirements.
"The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform's powerful combination of API Management and an innovative social Developer Community will drive developer adoption and open new business channels," said Kin Lane, API Evangelist. "This unique solution enables customers to manage the entire lifecycle of their APIs and promote them across new or existing groups of developers."
The Enterprise API Platform is available as an on-premise software solution, as-a-service, via an Open developer community as-a-service, or using a combination of any of these options. For example, a customer could choose to run the lifecycle management components of the solution as on-premises software, use the commercial PaaS offering to host and manage their APIs, and federate with the Open developer community to publish their public APIs to an established group of App developers. The deployment options are:
- On-premise software -- Deploy all or part of the Enterprise API Platform in your own datacenters. The platform includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager.
- Managed hosting -- SOA Software will host your software solution in a private managed datacenter allowing you to take advantage of rapid start up and ease of maintenance while maintaining control of your solution and protecting your security and brand integrity.
- Enterprise API Platform-as-a-Service -- Take advantage of the industry's most robust API and Developer Community Management capabilities offered as a service running across a global network of enterprise-class datacenters.
- Open API Developer Platform -- Publish your own APIs or connect with existing APIs through the free, public Open community.
The Enterprise API Platform provides a rich set of API Management capabilities to ensure the security, performance and availability of APIs, together with a social developer community solution for promoting and supporting the APIs and driving developer adoption. It provides end-to-end management of the API lifecycle, helping you make sure that you build the right APIs, build them the right way, and make sure that they are behaving correctly.
"Our Enterprise API Platform offers customers for the first time a game changing technology solution that will help drive the adoption of their APIs in highly competitive markets," said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software. "We see the creation and nurturing of robust developer communities as critical to API success."
The new SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager products. Key features include:
- Developer Community -- Take advantage of the viral power of the web with a solution that provides a connecting point where you can manage, share and promote your APIs in a secure, scalable environment. You can manage your own developer community, or plug-in to communities that already exist.
- API Lifecycle Management -- Define your API strategy according to business goals, maximize benefits and minimize risk, and automate the heavy lifting to help you build and run your APIs.
- API Publishing -- Publish your API and define the API at whatever level of detail you choose, using privacy settings to determine whether or not you want the platform to index your API content (name, description, docs, discussions and tickets) so that developers can easily find it, or find supporting information to help them use it.
- API Proxies -- Proxy your API to add security, monitoring, provisioning, QoS management and more. Or simply use the Open developer community to provide the social and search features you need.
- Documentation -- Leverage a dynamic documentation framework to build interactive documents for your API, create and upload your own documents, or use a combination of the two.
- API Security -- Secure your APIs via a wide array of authentication schemes, standards, and token types, protecting sensitive data while allowing access to authorized Apps and users. This includes comprehensive support for OAuth and other security standards, with deep integration with existing enterprise security solutions.
- Traffic Monitoring -- See how your API or App is performing and where your traffic is coming from with our real-time dashboard, historic charts and reports.
- QoS Management - Ensure quality-of-service for your APIs, managing quotas and service-levels for individual Apps.
- App Management & Provisioning -- Manage which applications can use your APIs, and how much traffic they can consume. This includes managing the App to API provisioning workflow, sandbox and production endpoint access, legal agreement acceptance and per App QoS policies.
Pricing and Availability
The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is available now. It offers a comprehensive set of features, platform support, and deployment options. Pricing is based on throughput. Please contact SOA Software for details.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA governance products that enable customers to plan, build, run and share enterprise services and APIs. The world's largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software products to harness the power of their technology and transform their businesses. Gartner placed SOA Software in the Leaders Quadrant for the 2011 "Magic Quadrant for SOA Governance Technologies." The company is also recognized as a "Leader" by the Forrester Research Waves for Integrated SOA Governance, SOA Management, and SOA Life Cycle Management. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
SOA Software, Community Manager, Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Service Manager, API Manager, and SOLA are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc.
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 29, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,471
Judith Hurwitz is president and CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, a Needham, Mass., research and consulting firm focused on emerging technology, including big data, cognitive computing and governance. She is co-author of the book Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics, published in 2015. Her Cloud Expo session, "What Is the Business Imperative for Cognitive Computing?" is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8, at 8:40 a.m. In it, she puts cognitive computing into perspective with its value to the busin...
Apr. 29, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,802
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 29, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,346
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,568
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,285
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 29, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 944
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 29, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,052
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 28, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,627
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 28, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,500
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 28, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,528
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 28, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,184
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 28, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,651
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 28, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,412
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 28, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,960
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 28, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,342
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 28, 2017 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,202
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 28, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,427
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 28, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,434
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Apr. 28, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,530
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Apr. 28, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,283