|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 11:15 AM EST||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- Urban Mapping, the leading provider of embedded geographic technology, and Tableau Software, the global leader in rapid-fire business intelligence software, today announced enhancements to Tableau mapping capabilities at the Tableau Customer Conference in San Diego. By leveraging Mapfluence, Urban Mapping's hosted web mapping platform, Tableau customers can now enhance their mapping and visualization capabilities through the use of Urban Mapping's rich catalog of on-demand data and services.
As Tableau's official mapping partner, Urban Mapping has also launched a microsite to help Tableau customers understand how they can start using this integrated data, today. Interested customers can learn more at http://hackyourmap.com/.
Because Mapfluence has native access to Tableau via open web standards, it offers higher performance, reliability and breadth of services over legacy mapping technologies. Specific capabilities of Mapfluence when accessed through Tableau products include:
- Overlay high resolution satellite and aerial imagery
- Access 10,000 variables to overlay from the Mapfluence On-demand Data Catalog
- Host proprietary customer data in Mapfluence for easy visualization in Tableau
- Create additional map styles including heat maps, raster data, great arcs
- Address-level geocoding
- Custom-styled base maps
- Sales territory definition and management
- Custom data sourcing
- Advanced spatial queries and geographic operations
"Our customers have stringent requirements for mapping needs, and partnering with Urban Mapping allows us to leverage their experience in cartography and data sourcing," commented Dan Jewett, Vice President Product at Tableau. "We're thrilled to have Urban Mapping deliver value-added capabilities to our customer base, as they share our vision for delighting users and satisfying customer needs."
"This relationship allows us to more closely align with the Tableau ecosystem and cater to the specific mapping needs of their customer base," commented Urban Mapping CEO Ian White. "Because Mapfluence was intended as an embedded technology, there is seamless integration with customers across a broad collection of functions and industries."
About Urban Mapping
Urban Mapping, Inc. (UMI) provides geospatial web and data services to simplify the development and deployment of online mapping and data visualization applications. UMI's Mapfluence service provides embedded geographic technology, offering solid technical infrastructure for mapping, custom cartography and the industry's most comprehensive on-demand data catalog. Since 2006, leading interactive publishers like Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft, and leading enterprises like CoStar Group, Tableau Software and CoreLogic have utilized Urban Mapping's geospatial data and technology. For more information, please visit www.urbanmapping.com.
About Tableau Software
Tableau Software helps people see and understand data. Ranked by Gartner and IDC in 2011 as the world's fastest growing business intelligence company, Tableau helps anyone quickly analyze, visualize and share information. More than 9,000 companies get rapid results with Tableau in the office and on-the-go. And tens of thousands of people use Tableau Public to share data in their blogs and websites. See how Tableau can help you by downloading the free trial at www.tableausoftware.com/trial.
Tableau is a trademark of Tableau Software, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?