|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 12:05 AM EST||
Biomatters today announced it has added the Molecular Profiler application to Illumina’s BaseSpace Apps, Illumina’s dedicated applications store and informatics community dedicated to advancing genomic analysis.
The Molecular Profiler for BaseSpace is a beautifully rendered, remotely managed and securely delivered cloud-based genome browser.
“The release of the Molecular Profiler for BaseSpace is the first taste of our vision to enable polyomic analysis.” says Biomatters’ CEO, Brett Ammundsen. “This incarnation is designed around genomic workflows and analysis.”
CTO Matthew Landry adds, “By using modern web browser technologies, building on scalable cloud infrastructure, and linking to rich ecosystems like BaseSpace, we’re giving investigators the power to remotely access data from anywhere in the world and interact with it using state-of-the-art visualizations.”
The Molecular Profiler is a highly visual, HTML5 web-based genome browser that looks and acts like a native app even though operating on remotely stored data on Illumina’s BaseSpace.
Informatics solutions available through BaseSpace Apps will allow customers to utilize the tools from a growing community of academic, commercial, and open source providers. To demonstrate the utility of this rapidly growing toolset, BaseSpace customers will have free access to all of the BaseSpace Apps until January 1, 2013.
Biomatters develops software that accelerates the creation, publication and application of knowledge from ‘omic research, with a mission to translate genomic data into biological and clinical insights. Their flagship product, Geneious, is a DNA, RNA and protein sequence alignment, assembly and analysis software platform, integrating bioinformatic and molecular biology tools into a simple interface.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?