|By RealWire News Distribution||
|November 6, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
Platform transforms business potential with API Management and Developer Community Management via on-premise, Enterprise and Open PaaS, and hybrid deployments
Santa Clara, CA [Cloud Expo] - Nov 5th, 2012 - SOA Software, a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA Governance solutions today announced the launch of the first Enterprise API PlatformTM, to help enterprises reach new channels and gain business advantage, throughout all stages of the API lifecycle. The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is the first solution to address enterprise requirements across the entire API lifecycle, with planning, development, runtime and community management capabilities. With this solution enterprises can finally take advantage of the opportunities APIs present while protecting their security and brand integrity.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is the first platform to address the API needs of large enterprises:
It offers support for the full API lifecycle from planning and development through operations and community management
It is enterprise-class - SOA Software has been delivering software and services solutions to large enterprise IT for years and our products meet enterprise requirements, including security, integration with existing infrastructure, performance and reliability, and much more
It creates a Social Developer Community - other solutions offer API or Developer portals, but they don't provide the social aspects to drive the network effect for API and App promotion across all developers in a community
It enables federation between enterprise and Open communities allowing enterprise customers to promote their APIs through an open API marketplace
It offers multiple deployment options - the platform is available as on-premise software, managed hosted software, Open (free) PaaS, Enterprise PaaS and a hybrid of these choices
Other solutions only address a small sub-section of the overall requirements; focusing solely on API monitoring, or API security with no developer community capabilities; or offering only cloud or on-premise deployment options but not both. None of the other vendors in the market offer an adequate solution for managing the lifecycle of APIs, this is critical for any serious API initiative, especially for large enterprises with brands to protect. Furthermore, other solutions typically ignore existing investments in SOA platforms and SOA Governance despite the fact that most enterprise APIs will be built on top of existing SOA services. The Enterprise API Platform provides a comprehensive solution addressing all of these requirements and offering optional seamless integration with existing SOA Governance infrastructure and services to ensure end-to-end security, monitoring, management and impact analysis.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is designed to allow organizations to meet strong privacy policies and comply with SEC requirements, the Frank Dodd Act, the Information Protection Act, the Safeguards Rule and other regulatory requirements commonly used to protect information. It offers integration with enterprise identity and security infrastructure, enabling API security models including OpenId and OAuth. This ensures that App developers and end users remain subject to existing security and privacy policies and requirements.
"The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform's powerful combination of API Management and an innovative social Developer Community will drive developer adoption and open new business channels," said Kin Lane, API Evangelist. "This unique solution enables customers to manage the entire lifecycle of their APIs and promote them across new or existing groups of developers."
The Enterprise API Platform™ is available as an on-premise software solution, as-a-service, via an Open developer community as-a-service, or using a combination of any of these options. For example, a customer could choose to run the lifecycle management components of the solution as on-premises software, use the commercial PaaS offering to host and manage their APIs, and federate with the Open developer community to publish their public APIs to an established group of App developers. The deployment options are:
On-premise software - Deploy all or part of the Enterprise API Platform in your own datacenters. The platform includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager.
Managed hosting - SOA Software will host your software solution in a private managed datacenter allowing you to take advantage of rapid start up and ease of maintenance while maintaining control of your solution and protecting your security and brand integrity.
Enterprise API Platform-as-a-Service - Take advantage of the industry's most robust API and Developer Community Management capabilities offered as a service running across a global network of enterprise-class datacenters.
Open API Developer Platform - Publish your own APIs or connect with existing APIs through the free, public Open community.
The Enterprise API Platform™ provides a rich set of API Management capabilities to ensure the security, performance and availability of APIs, together with a social developer community solution for promoting and supporting the APIs and driving developer adoption. It provides end-to-end management of the API lifecycle, helping you make sure that you build the right APIs, build them the right way, and make sure that they are behaving correctly.
"Our Enterprise API Platform offers customers for the first time a game changing technology solution that will help drive the adoption of their APIs in highly competitive markets," said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software. "We see the creation and nurturing of robust developer communities as critical to API success"
The new SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform™ includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager products. Key features include:
Developer Community - Take advantage of the viral power of the web with a solution that provides a connecting point where you can manage, share and promote your APIs in a secure, scalable environment. You can manage your own developer community, or plug-in to communities that already exist.
API Lifecycle Management - Define your API strategy according to business goals, maximize benefits and minimize risk, and automate the heavy lifting to help you build and run your APIs.
API Publishing - Publish your API and define the API at whatever level of detail you choose, using privacy settings to determine whether or not you want the platform to index your API content (name, description, docs, discussions and tickets) so that developers can easily find it, or find supporting information to help them use it.
API Proxies - Proxy your API to add security, monitoring, provisioning, QoS management and more. Or simply use the Open developer community to provide the social and search features you need.
Documentation - Leverage a dynamic documentation framework to build interactive documents for your API, create and upload your own documents, or use a combination of the two.
API Security - Secure your APIs via a wide array of authentication schemes, standards, and token types, protecting sensitive data while allowing access to authorized Apps and users. This includes comprehensive support for OAuth and other security standards, with deep integration with existing enterprise security solutions.
Traffic Monitoring - See how your API or App is performing and where your traffic is coming from with our real-time dashboard, historic charts and reports.
QoS Management - Ensure quality-of-service for your APIs, managing quotas and service-levels for individual Apps.
App Management & Provisioning - Manage which applications can use your APIs, and how much traffic they can consume. This includes managing the App to API provisioning workflow, sandbox and production endpoint access, legal agreement acceptance and per App QoS policies.
Pricing and Availability
The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is available now. It offers a comprehensive set of features, platform support, and deployment options. Pricing is based on throughput. Please contact SOA Software for details.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA governance products that enable customers to plan, build, run and share enterprise services and APIs. The world's largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software products to harness the power of their technology and transform their businesses. Gartner placed SOA Software in the Leaders Quadrant for the 2011 "Magic Quadrant for SOA Governance Technologies." The company is also recognized as a "Leader" by the Forrester Research Waves for Integrated SOA Governance, SOA Management, and SOA Life Cycle Management. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
# # #
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
SOA Software, Community Manager, Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Service Manager, API Manager, and SOLA are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc.
- Scott Jenson's Google #IoT Session @ThingsExpo
- Strategies for Winning Cloud Storage Wars: Google, Microsoft & Dropbox
- 2007 - 2014 - 2021 : deux septennats, pour changer le monde des Systèmes d’Information (première partie)
- Sprint Teams with Google to Offer Google Apps for Business
- Box Powers Productivity in the Cloud with Office 365, Removes Storage Limits for all Business Customers
- SoftWatch Launches New Service to Help Corporations Plan and Transform Their End-User Computing Environment
- @StackIQ To Exhibit At @CloudExpo Silicon Valley
- Netvibes and Engagement Labs Partner to Deliver World's Most Advanced Social Media Analytics Platform
- ManageEngine Automates Google Apps Provisioning, Enhances Office 365 Reporting in ADManager Plus
- Box Named a Leader in First-ever Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing
- Volo’s First Customer Launches High-Speed Internet Access Service in Northern Uganda in Less Than 12 Weeks
- AppDirect Expands Leadership Team to Drive Cloud Adoption and Empower Businesses Globally
- WebRTC Summit Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- 8 Tips for Going Paperless In Your Small Business
- 8 Tips for Going Paperless In Your Small Business
- Book Review: Learning Mobile App Development
- Mobile Health News Weekly – Week of June 1, 2014
- Scott Jenson's Google #IoT Session @ThingsExpo
- Contract Logix Announces Version 14 of Its Contract Management Software Featuring Several Additional Features for Greater Usability
- Volo Helps ISPs Solve Barriers to Delivering High-Speed Internet Access for the Next Billion
- Apple Announces OS X Yosemite
- Linux Foundation Releases Program for LinuxCon and CloudOpen North America
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought