|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 10:13 AM EST||
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- LexisNexis® Canada (www.lexisnexis.ca), a leading provider of content and technology solutions, announced today the launch of Quicklaw® for Microsoft® Office in Canada. This innovative product enables legal professionals to access content and services from the LexisNexis® Quicklaw® online legal research service and the open web while operating directly within Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft® Outlook and Microsoft® Word. Quicklaw for Microsoft Office provides clear time efficiencies and gives legal practitioners confidence they are getting the relevant information they need.
"Quicklaw for Microsoft Office is a leading example of how technology is changing the practice of law," said Pamela Thompson, Director, Product Development, at LexisNexis Canada. "A powerful, one-of-a-kind productivity tool such as this is not a nice to have; it is an essential for a profession that is being asked to work as efficiently, effectively, and with as much confidence as possible every single day."
Quicklaw for Microsoft Office is part of the innovative Lexis® for Microsoft® Office suite of products, which were developed in conjunction with Microsoft, and was shaped by input from hundreds of customers and other legal professionals. Users can now streamline work by accessing the Quicklaw services they already rely on directly from their day-to-day desktop applications. This creates the potential for stronger client retention through more competitive billing, better margins and cost management, and an opportunity for business growth with increased productivity. Quicklaw, one of the world's first online legal research services, has become an industry standard in Canada, and will be celebrating a remarkable 40 years of innovation in 2013.
Quicklaw for Microsoft Office results appear in a convenient, side-by-side panel within a user's Microsoft Word document or Outlook email message. Key features include:
-- Search All, Background and Suggest: Access relevant information without leaving a document or email message through text recognition capabilities, identifying citations, legal entities and terms of art. -- Check Cited Docs and Get Cited Docs: Use Get Cited Docs within the context of a document and pull citations into a side-by-side pane in a "virtual stack" of cited cases. Through text analysis, legal citations found in the document are highlighted. Case content can also be accessed and validated simply by clicking the citation. -- Cases, Forms and Precedents: Access links to relevant cases, forms and precedents for topics of interest within Microsoft Word documents. During transactional drafting, legal professionals can work with greater confidence and efficiency by accessing forms and precedents. -- PDF Converter and Pinning: Users can easily convert PDFs into Microsoft Word documents so they can tap into the full functionality of Quicklaw for Microsoft Office and begin research and analysis. Pinning can be used to quickly save documents, links and notes for future reference. -- Quicklaw® Browser and History Map: The Quicklaw Browser creates a one- click, seamless bridge between research and Quicklaw for Microsoft Office to enable deeper research within a document. Through the History Map feature, users can create an easy-to-follow graphic depiction of steps taken and documents accessed during the research process that can be used as personal or shared reference.
For more information on Quicklaw for Microsoft Office, please visit www.lexisnexis.ca/quicklaw-office.
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis® (www.lexisnexis.ca) offerings include the Quicklaw® online legal research service, Butterworths® print and CD-ROM titles and newspapers, the Lexis and Nexis research services for global online legal, news and business information, and leading solutions in Practice Management, Client Development and Litigation Services.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their representative owners.
416-462-0199, ext. 31
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- The Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx Review – Strongly Love/Hate It
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?