|By Bob Gourley||
|November 7, 2012 10:52 AM EST||
- Samsung Sells 30 Million Galaxy S3 Units in 157 Days - The Galaxy S3 is being sold at 1 per .45 seconds right now. The S3 was Samsung’s attempt to fight back against the iPhone, and it is selling spectacularly. The S3 is without a doubt one of the top phones of the year, and only the Nexus 4 really stands ready to dislodge it. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- Xbox Surface: Microsoft’s 7-inch gaming tablet - I have written in the past that I find the 7″ tablet perfect for gaming, and it looks like Microsoft is going to get in on the party. The Xbox Surface will compete directly with the Nexus 7, the iPad Mini and the Amazon Kindle Fire HD, while providing users with access to the Xbox library of games. Via The Verge, more here.
- Motorola has announced Atrix HD Developer Edition - I’ll be honest, I have not been too impressed by any Atrix phones, the original was cool, but mostly only for the lapdock. However, Motorola is starting to release their phones with “Developer Editions,” unlocked bootloaders that come off contract and give you very little warranties if you ever unlock them. Via BetaNews, more here.
- Android 4.2 Google Apps Package Bundled and Available for Flashing on the Galaxy Nexus - you can follow the link below, but the biggest update for me is that it also includes pinch-to-zoom in Gmail, a great leap forward. I installed these on my Galaxy Nexus running AOKP, make sure to install ROM, install new GAPPs, then wipe Dalvik/Cache. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- Kobo Mini review: does the world need a small e-reader? E-readers are being phased out by many users, simply because quality tablets can replace them. However, e-readers are getting better and cheaper every year. The Kobo Mini is a tiny 5″ device, and Engadget has a review of the device, here.
- Sparrow’s iPhone 5 Update Spiked by Apple - Sparrow is the favorite email application of many iOS users. It was removed because of some Rich Text support issues, but will be re-updated soon, apparently with only support for iOS 6. Via Gizmodo, more here.
- Apple Looks To Add Jelly Bean, Galaxy Note 10.1 To Existing Samsung Lawsuit - As Samsung is moving past some of the issues that Apple claimed in their first major lawsuit, Apple is keeping up their litigious ways. Via TechCrunch, more here.
- Green Throttle Games Looks to Maximize Your Phone’s Gaming Capabilities - Green Throttle is looking to give you a proprietary Bluetooth controller and help you hook up your Android device to your big screen. This will let you play all your favorite Android games, as if it were a console system. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- This Collapsable Wireless Keyboard Is as Pocketable As Your Phone - Elecom has released a very cool looking pocketable keyboard ready to pair via Bluetooth with the phone or tablet of your choice. The only problem I can see, is the cost right now. It is being released at $182, which is over kill. Via Gizmodo, more here.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- The Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx Review – Strongly Love/Hate It
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?