|By Marketwired .||
|November 8, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/12 -- New research tracking trends in mobile advertising among 18-34 year olds found strong receptiveness to mobile ads and powerful purchasing influence coming from peer recommendations and offer sharing. The 18-34 demographic, branded "Generation C" by Nielsen and NM Incite's U.S. Digital Consumer Report*, is one of the most elusive yet lucrative markets for brands to reach.
RadiumOne's findings validate this age group's personal "connection" with each other as well as their propensity to consume media content, socialize and share experiences through devices. Half of all respondents regularly share sales offers with peers via smartphones, and 41% make purchase decisions based solely on recommendations from friends and family. You can download a summary of the report here.
Additional data from the Generation C survey reveals the following:
- 47% of respondents indicated they have clicked on a mobile ad in the past 3 months
- 54% made a purchase from a mobile device in the last 6 months. Of those, 32% made 1-3 purchases, 14% made 3-6 and 9% made 6+ purchases.
- 79% of respondents revealed that mobile purchases are largely driven by personal recommendations (41%) and sales based content (38%).
- Half of the respondents (50%) used their smartphones to share offers such as coupons, sales and ads with friends -- at the rate of 1-3 times per month (31%), 3-6 times per month (16%) and more than 6 times (3%).
- More than half (55%) of respondents used their mobile device to comparison shop at least once per week. Of those, 33% use it 1-3 times, 14% use it 3-6 times and 8% answered 6 or more.
- 39% of respondents viewed between 1 to 5 videos each day on their smartphone while 9% viewed more than 5 videos a day.
- 37% used a smartphone and 19% used a tablet device while watching T.V.
According to these findings, sharing offers with friends is not only a phenomenon of face-to-face interactions and desktop display channels, but it is also happening at a faster pace on consumers' mobile devices. The power to identify social connections, gain insight about consumer behavior on mobile devices, and analyze real-time interests enables brands to cater to the needs of this burgeoning demographic.
"The results of our survey shed light into how brands can better communicate and interact with one of the most mobile and influential consumer groups of our time," said Kamal Kaur, vice president of mobile and display at RadiumOne. "Social sharing across trusted connections and viral buzz via smartphones and tablets are extremely influential to the Gen-C population, requiring new rules of engagement between brands and this highly sought after demographic."
RadiumOne is the leader in Social Advertising for the Open Web. RadiumOne's innovative Dynamic Audience Platform (DAP) harnesses social interaction data to fuel new audience expansion, create unparalleled efficiency, and turn awareness into purchase intent. At DAP's core are RadiumOne's patent-pending ShareGraph technology and first-party social products (Via.Me, Po.st and re.Po.st). Leveraging its unique array of assets, RadiumOne goes beyond traditional targeting methodologies to identify new audience segments and target them across the Open Web. The company is based in San Francisco, with offices across the U.S. and Europe. RadiumOne was founded by online advertising pioneer Gurbaksh Chahal. To learn more about RadiumOne, please visit http://radiumone.com.
* Nielsen and NM Incite State of the Media: U.S. Digital Consumer Report, Q3-Q4 2011
Media Contact for USA:
Richard L. Tso
Barokas Public Relations for RadiumOne
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- DataStax Announces New Startup Program Offering Free Software, as Well as Free Training Courses for Cassandra Users and New Developer Tool
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?