|By Business Wire||
|November 13, 2012 02:05 AM EST||
Hart InterCivic, a leading national provider of voting systems and election management technology, successfully implemented Election InSite™, a revolutionary social media monitoring service featuring exclusive geolocation technology, in several counties for the recent General Election, among them Orange County, California and Williamson County, Texas.
Centrally monitoring open social network postings based on their own meaningful keywords and specific locations, election administrators can be made immediately aware of what is happening on the ground at their polling places, effectively helping them be everywhere at once on election day. This unique capability helped election officials make decisions regarding resources, equipment, and support in real-time, contributing to a smoother election experience for voters. Orange County, CA is one of the largest jurisdictions nationwide to use Hart’s Election InSite, enhancing their already sophisticated communications network.
“Election InSite provided an extra advantage during a very busy election day,” said Neal Kelley, Registrar of Voters, Orange County, CA. “It’s real-time capabilities let us address potential concerns pre-emptively, and the location-specific technology is very powerful in that we can pinpoint exactly where an issue is developing to help determine how we can best provide support.”
Election InSite monitors postings to open social networks for keywords that could indicate a potential problem. The service also measures and reports the tone of public postings to help determine voters’ relative satisfaction with their voting experience. Different from most social media tracking tools, however, is Election InSite’s ability to identify with remarkable precision, where these postings originate, meaning election officials know exactly where to send help.
“Advancing election technology is what we do best,” said Hart CEO Phillip Braithwaite. “We listen to our customers and continue to bring innovation to areas where it makes a difference. When you see Election InSite in action, you immediately get it, and you understand the value it delivers in helping manage a complex event such as an election.”
About Hart InterCivic, Inc.
Hart is a leading national provider of voting systems, election management products and services. Hart delivers a deep-rooted, authentic level of credibility across the electoral process with field-proven products, services and support that successfully, dependably meet the rigorous demands of today’s election procedures. Millions of votes are cast each year using Hart’s eScan™ and eSlate® polling place voting systems and Ballot Now central scanning / by-mail solution. For more information, please visit www.hartintercivic.com.
About Hart Election InSite
Election InSite is a web-based service that captures postings to virtually any public social media network, and synthesizes information according to key word and geolocation criteria to help election administrators make intelligent decisions in real-time. Learn more at www.hartic.com/ElectionInSite.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- DataStax Announces New Startup Program Offering Free Software, as Well as Free Training Courses for Cassandra Users and New Developer Tool
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?