|By Marketwired .||
|November 13, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
SAN RAMON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/13/12 -- WANdisco (LSE: WAND), a leading provider of global collaboration software to the software development industry, today announced SmartSVN 7.5, an enhanced cross-platform graphical client for Apache Subversion that enables developers to streamline the software development process by providing optimized access to Subversion capabilities. Available as either a standalone GUI or integrated directly with Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X, SmartSVN 7.5 provides organizations with a responsive and intelligent interface for increasing developer operations, resolving code conflicts, simplifying merges and customizing the overall developer experience.
"Through SmartSVN 7.5, software professionals have a more simplified and optimized interface into native features and capabilities," said David Richards, Chairman and CEO of WANdisco. "This provides organizations with a more efficient software development process, enabling them to reduce conflicts and errors and deliver high-quality products to market more rapidly."
SmartSVN 7.5 can be easily purchased via the newly redesigned WANdisco store, an online resource for procuring a complete developer's workspace that includes an SVN client, file compare, Conflict Solver and an SSH client. The WANdisco store offers a simplified purchasing experience, enabling developers to easily purchase and install SmartSVN 7.5 when they need it. Once downloaded, developers can immediately conduct a side-by-side comparison of features and directly edit the compared files. Developers can also work with tags and branches as conveniently as if they were native Subversion features. Because this is achievable within a single frame of reference, software development organizations can communicate with a Subversion server from a single location.
Other key features of SmartSVN 7.5 include:
- Enhanced Interface delivers enhanced visualization: SmartSVN's GUI provides a detailed project overview. The most important files, such as conflicting, modified and missing files, are displayed first, ensuring close attention is paid to these files -- thereby increasing quality.
- API architecture enables customizable experience: Developers can personalize client operations around other tools they use within the Subversion ecosystem. Users can extend menu options, add their own links, change keyboard shortcuts, set defaults and write their own plug-in using the SmartSVN API.
- Conflict Solvers provide simplified detection and management of issues: SmartSVN's built-in Conflict Solver combines the freedom of a general three-way-merge with the ability to easily detect and manually resolve such conflicts. Edits can be accepted, rejected or edited as necessary to meet product development specifications.
- Native merge capabilities streamline developer operations: Because native merge capabilities are included within a common merge workflow, users can perform all merge commands from within the client. This solves challenges associated with moved or renamed branch files being merged with SVN.
Pricing and Availability
SmartSVN 7.5 is available immediately with pricing beginning at $69 for a single user. Until December 1, 2012, use the coupon code 7point5twenty to save up to $20 per user. Volume purchases are available as well. To find out more or to receive a quote, please contact WANdisco at www.smartsvn.com/buy
WANdisco (LSE: WAND) is a leading provider of Apache Subversion-based software and services for the enterprise. The company's products include: uberSVN -- the new open ALM platform for Subversion, Subversion MultiSite, Subversion Access Control and Subversion Clustering. Fortune Global 1000 companies such as AT&T, Intel, Honda, Nokia, Juniper Networks and Motorola rely on WANdisco's Subversion solutions for enterprise-class performance, scalability and 24-by-7 availability. A recent Forrester Total Economic Impact (TEI) study of WANdisco's Subversion MultiSite revealed a 167% return on investment with a nine-month payback period. Subversion is recognized by Forrester as the sole leader in the Standalone Software Configuration Management (SCM) category. For more information, please visit us at: http://www.wandisco.com.
About Apache Subversion
Apache Subversion (SVN) is a version control system initiated in 2000. It is used to maintain current and historical versions of files such as source code, web pages, and documentation. Its goal is to be a mostly-compatible successor to the widely used Concurrent Versions System (CVS). In a 2007 report by Forrester Research, Subversion was recognized as the sole leader in the Standalone Software Configuration Management (SCM) category and a strong performer in the Software Configuration and Change Management (SCCM) category. Subversion is released under the Apache License, making it free software. For more information, please visit: http://subversion.apache.org.
Subversion and the Subversion logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
Phone: 510 748 8200 x203
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?