|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 02:51 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Oxford University Press is excited to announce Oxford Handbooks Online (OHO) relaunched, expanding coverage from four to fourteen disciplines, on a new platform that will enable articles to publish immediately upon passing peer review, delivering new scholarship quickly, efficiently, and easily to scholars and researchers, providing them with the most current, authoritative coverage available anywhere.
Subject Areas Available Fall 2012
- Business and Management*
- Political Science*
*Available through the current Oxford Handbooks Online platform
"The relaunch of Oxford Handbooks Online breathes life into the online program, furthering Oxford's commitment to serve the academic community with the highest quality scholarship and innovative digital research tools," said Damon Zucca, Publisher, Scholarly Reference. "The ability to publish online-only articles in response to new developments in research and the appointment of Editors in Chief and Editorial Boards in all 14 subject areas to oversee quality and peer-review will have a transformative effect on this resource. In addition, abstracts and keywords at a Handbook and article level, in combination with deep tagging and XML data, make it easier for users to find exactly the content they need, saving researchers valuable time. Researchers can build a personal archive of articles, searches, citations, and preferences which can be shared using a host of integrated social media tools."
OHO is fully cross-searchable within the Oxford Index, a free discovery service, and featuring freely available abstracts at the Handbook and article level, Oxford Handbooks Online is more highly discoverable on the Open Web and offers seamless connections across Oxford's digital academic content—ensuring an authoritative research journey with expert guidance and no dead ends.
For more information regarding OHO, to speak with the Editors-in-chief from the various disciplines, and/or access to OHO please contact me at:
Director of Publicity
212.726.6032 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. OUP is the world's largest university press with the widest global presence. It currently publishes more than 6,000 new publications a year, has offices in around fifty countries, and employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing program that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, textbooks, business books, dictionaries and reference works, and academic journals.
SOURCE Oxford University Press
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?