|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Digium®, Inc., the Asterisk® Company, is pleased to announce it has received the 2012 Frost & Sullivan Global Growth Leadership Award for impressive growth of its Switchvox Unified Communications (UC) solution for small and medium businesses (SMB). Frost & Sullivan presents this award annually to the company that has demonstrated excellence in capturing the highest annual compound growth rate for the past three years.
"Digium has demonstrated considerable growth in the challenging, but rapidly growing SMB market, positioning itself as one of the top SMB IP PBX vendors in the world," said Alaa Saayed, senior industry analyst with Frost & Sullivan. "Their all-in-one Switchvox solution provides a best-in-class business IP solution, with compelling functionality and competitive pricing, making Digium a major competitor in the overall enterprise communications platforms market. They are well-positioned to leverage this market leadership and strength to further expand into the SMB communications segment, where comprehensive features and competitive pricing are critical to success."
"We are honored to be recognized as a market leader as a result of our growth of Switchvox, but we're also happy that Frost & Sullivan acknowledged this growth was possible because of the innovation and value Switchvox provides," said Leslie Conway, vice president of global marketing at Digium. "This research and award echoes what we hear from customers every day—businesses need a phone system that enables them to stay one step ahead of their peers in today's competitive market. The flexibility, ease of use and competitive pricing we offer allows our customers to do just that."
Digium's Switchvox integrates many features such as PBX, fixed mobile convergence and mobility, conference bridge, call queues, fax server, instant messaging, unified messaging, presence, video calling, recording and monitoring, as well as reporting and call logging software functions onto a single appliance. Key applications can be accessed through the highly customizable Switchboard Web interface that provides every user with a personalized view of their communications environment and tools. Digium offers Digium IP phones that extend the power of the Switchvox system to the desktop, with easy access to visual voicemail, real-time status information, call queue details and more. The Digium IP phones offer the tightest integration possible with Switchvox, incorporating plug-and-play installation, so that extensions and phones can be added in minutes.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
"Digium's success with Switchvox is commendable when considering how the SMB UC marketplace has seen a lot of competitors come and go," said Rob Arnold, senior industry analyst with Frost & Sullivan. "Customers expect value, and vendors need to deliver that value to stand out. As a previous winner of the Customer Value Enhancement Award in UC for SMBs, I think Digium has created a unique advantage with Switchvox; their 'enterprise class features at a price you can afford' value proposition has certainly resonated with customers."
Digium designs its solutions for sophisticated functionality without complex ownership responsibilities. Switchvox is designed to be cost-effective over the lifecycle of the system, without expensive add-ons for features that support mobility and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) mobile strategies, as well as customization through the open API. The API provides users access to business applications such as Salesforce or SugarCRM. It also allows them to integrate with third-party business applications.
"All of these options can save time and improve productivity, allowing clients to work where and how they want to work," said Conway. "Switchvox is well-positioned to give businesses a competitive advantage since our UC system gives them access to features they might have considered outside their reach. This system provides the best value for price-sensitive SMB customers."
Download your complimentary copy of the Frost & Sullivan Global Growth report here. To get more information about this award-winning solution, contact us at 256-428-6271 or request a demo with one of our UC specialists.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages more than 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.awards.frost.com.
Digium®, Inc., provides Asterisk custom communications and Switchvox Unified Communications (UC) business phone systems that deliver enterprise-class features at a price businesses can afford. We are the creator, primary developer and sponsor of the Asterisk project, the world's most widely used open-source communications software that turns an ordinary computer into a feature-rich voice communications server. With a community of more than 80,000 members worldwide, Asterisk has been used to create VoIP communication solutions in more than 170 countries. Since 1999, Digium has become the open source alternative to proprietary communication providers, giving people an innovative solution for business communications that increase productivity. Digium's wide range of business communications products is sold through a worldwide network of reseller partners. More information is available at: www.digium.com or www.asterisk.org.
The Digium logo, Digium, Asterisk, Asterisk SCF, Switchvox, AsteriskNOW, Asterisk Appliance and the Asterisk logo are trademarks of Digium, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
+1 (256) 428-6203
+1 (781) 684-0770
SOURCE Digium, Inc.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?