|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 04:53 AM EST||
NEW DELHI, November 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
After Witnessing a Phenomenal Growth Over a Period of Nine Years, the Magazine has Expanded its Horizons
LINUX For You, Asia's first publication on Linux and Open Source Software, has entered a new phase. After witnessing a phenomenal growth over a period of nine years, the magazine has expanded its horizons. LINUX For You is now known as 'Open Source For You'. The formal announcement was made at OSI (Open Source India) Days on October 12th, 2012 at NIMHANS Convention Center, Bengaluru.
Since its inception in the year 2003, the magazine has been accepted far and wide amongst the developers, IT managers and open source enthusiasts. From a concept to a successful magazine, LINUX For You has evolved magnificently and with this new change, it is sure to redefine the dimensions of success. "LINUX For You has made its strong presence felt on the open source turf. We have always believed in understanding our readers' requirements and keeping in pace with the latest trends in technology. In an effort to meet the ever-broadening scope of open source technology, we decided to rename LINUX For You as Open Source For You," said Ramesh Chopra, Founder and Vice Chairman of the Electronics For You Group.
While the core concept and content of the magazine will continue to be as impressive and useful as it always was, this change would mean exploring open source technology beyond Linux. Linux is a major part of the open source technology world but it is no more restricted to that. The changed name will signify the changing times in the world of open source technology and will incorporate the forward-looking trends as well. Open Source For You will cover everything from open source software to open source hardware. So, the magazine will also serve as a great read for the Android lovers. Readers will find the changed name of the magazine from the October issue.
The magazine will continue to help the techies avail the benefits of Open Source technologies and solutions. Typical techies that connect with the magazine include software developers, IT managers, CIOs, hackers, etc. A free DVD accompanies the magazine, which contains latest Open Software and Linux distributions.
About EFY Group:
Over the last four decades, the EFY Group has become synonymous with information on cutting-edge technology. Starting with its flagship publication, Electronics For You, which is South Asia's most popular electronics magazine, the group now offers a bouquet of specialized publications like Open Source For You, Facts For You and Electronics Bazaar and web portals such as electronicsforu.com, efytimes.com, bpotimes.com, linuxforu.com, electronicsb2b.com and eleb2b.com.
The group also publishes directories and books, and organizes several leading technology events like Open Source India and EFYExpo. The EFY Group has offices in Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai. Besides, it has representatives in Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Pune. It also has distributors in the South East Asian countries. For more information, visit http://www.efyindia.com
Primary Media Contact: Diksha P. Gupta, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-97-17854520
Secondary Media Contact: Priyanka Sarkar, 91-99-71597700
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- The Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx Review – Strongly Love/Hate It
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?