|By Business Wire||
|November 26, 2012 05:40 AM EST||
Asia Pacific is a hotbed of activity for some of the best and most revolutionary developments in the field of smart cards, digital security, identification and secure transactions - from contactless card transactions to smart identity cards. The distinguished judges of the prestigious Asian SESAMES Awards have been rewarding innovation in this area since 2010. This year due to the wide variety of smart technology coming out of Asia Pacific the organisers, Comexposium, have expanded the SESAMES to three new categories. The deadline for entries is 8 February 2013 with the winners revealed at CARTES Asia, AsiaWorld-Expo on 27 March 2013.
The 2013 Asian SESAMES Awards will reward the best projects in the following three categories:
- Card technology - manufacturing, personalisation – covers everything relating to cards from technology, manufacturing, personalisation, and delivery of technology to the cardholder.
- Hardware – includes readers, validators, smart secure devices and projects that allow users to interact with the card.
- Software and applications - covers all segment dedicated applications (payment, telecom, healthcare, transport, identity, etc.), and software that runs applications.
Isabelle Alfano, CARTES Events Director says: "Asia Pacific is not only one of the world’s biggest users of smart technology it is also proving to be one of the biggest sources of technology pioneers. The Asian SESAMES celebrate the leaders in this industry and highlights the future technology that will make paying, transportation and security easier for consumers, businesses and governments.”
Winners at the SESAMES Awards at CARTES Paris (November 2012) included Sunward Telecom Limited with 13.56 MHz RF-SIM( Identification / ID Cards / Health category) from Hong Kong and Toro Development Ltd with Akami Suite (Banking/Retail/Loyalty category) from Taiwan.
The jury members of the Asian SESAMES Awards are independent experts from across the industry. The competition is free of charge and open to CARTES Asia exhibitors and non-exhibitors alike. The schedule is:
Contest opening: 4 December 2012
Deadline for submissions (by Internet only): 8 February 2013
Official announcement of candidates: 19 February 2013
Scoring grids completed: 10 March 2013
Official announcement of finalists: 14 March 2013
Award ceremony and announcement of the winners: 27 March 2013
CARTES is getting a make-over in 2013 with a new logo and new slogan: "Secure Connexions Event. “This reflects its desire to develop global synergies at both a human and technological level and demonstrate the connection between the real and virtual worlds”, added Alfano.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?