|By Business Wire||
|November 26, 2012 05:00 PM EST||
Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV), a leading global provider of cloud content services, today announced that TVNZ, New Zealand’s national broadcaster, will launch a new TVNZ onDemand catch-up TV app for Apple iOS and Google Android devices using the Brightcove App Cloud mobile app platform. With App Cloud, TVNZ will be able to deliver rich, long-form advertising-supported content experiences to viewers across devices, while also ensuring its content is protected with digital rights management (DRM) technology. The new mobile app will also leverage App Cloud’s seamless integration with the Brightcove Video Cloud online video platform, which is currently used to power video content across TVNZ’s Web properties and for the desktop version of TVNZ onDemand.
“Like many broadcasters, we have had to redefine the way we deliver video to devices to ensure we are reaching our full audience with secure, high quality content experiences,” said Tom Cotter, general manager of digital media at TVNZ. “By partnering with Brightcove, we are able to expand the success of our onDemand desktop viewing experiences to smartphones and tablets with a completely cloud-based and DRM-supported platform. Now we’re able to deploy world-class video experiences across new devices to consumers at a cost that makes sense for our organization and our market.”
TVNZ’s new onDemand smartphone and tablet app will allow viewers to easily watch full, advertising-supported episodes of popular TVNZ programming, such as “Grey’s Anatomy,” “One Born Every Minute,” “The Mentalist,” and “The Amazing Race Australia”, while also ensuring the content is protected thanks to Brightcove’s support for DRM technologies like Google Widevine and Adobe Access.
“We are thrilled to expand our partnership with TVNZ and to help open the door to a new kind of content experience for TVNZ’s mobile consumers,” said Chris Johnston, director of digital media solutions at Brightcove. “By taking advantage of our cloud-based platform and App Cloud’s hybrid app development model, TVNZ is able to securely offer its content portfolio on smartphones and tablets and mirror the rich diverse experience TVNZ onDemand provides on the desktop.”
With App Cloud, TVNZ will be able to quickly build and roll out a powerful native app for Apple iOS and Google Android devices. App Cloud’s hybrid app development model enables TVNZ to provide the best user experience and functionality by fusing HTML5 and native code, providing maximum cross-platform leverage and taking advantage of the power and performance of native features at the same time.
App Cloud also makes it easy for TVNZ to manage the entire lifecycle of its app by combining an open HTML5 Web development model with intelligent cloud services that continuously optimize the performance of the app, measure the effectiveness of different content and enable dynamic updates to the app in the future. App Cloud also provides an open native plugin architecture, includes built-in integrations with major third-party technologies from Google and comScore, and provides intelligent push messaging.
Brightcove Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOV), a leading global provider of cloud content services, offers a family of products used to publish and distribute the world’s professional digital media. The company’s products include Video Cloud, the market-leading online video platform, App Cloud, a pioneering content app platform, and Zencoder, a leading cloud-based media processing service and HTML5 video player technology provider. Brightcove has more than 6,100 customers in over 60 countries that rely on Brightcove cloud content services to build and operate media experiences across PCs, smartphones, tablets and connected TVs. For more information, visit http://www.brightcove.com.
This press release may include forward-looking statements regarding anticipated objectives, growth and/or expected product and service developments or enhancements. Such forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of the following words (among others): "believes," "expects," "may," "will," "plan," "should" or "anticipates," or comparable words and their negatives. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees but are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations contained in these statements. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Brightcove assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this press release in the event of changing circumstances or otherwise, and such statements are current only as of the date they are made.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?