|By Business Wire||
|November 28, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
Everything.me (formerly DoAT), developer of an innovative HTML5-based dynamic mobile app platform, today announced it has secured $25 million in series C funding in a round led by the Silicon Valley-based venture team of Telefónica Digital. The latest round also includes investments from SingTel Innov8, Mozilla and previous investors including Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), DFJTF, BRM Group and Horizons Ventures. The Israeli-based company will use the funding to expand its team and drive Everything.me’s ongoing development.
Everything.me is powering a new paradigm for smartphones – changing them from “smart” to “dynamic.” Rather than the static experience of today’s smartphone, a dynamic phone adapts its offering of apps on the fly, matching the content and services a user needs with the most relevant apps available – whether locally or from the cloud. This shift bridges the gap between the web and applications on mobile. Apps appear on the screen according to user intent and are all instantly available and ready to use whether the user downloaded them or not. This dynamic platform enhances mobile OS and app store experiences by providing easy access to thousands of apps, games and services available on HTML5.
“Everything.me was started to harness the power of HTML5 and the openness of the web to disrupt the mobile industry,” said Rami Kasterstein, CEO and Co-Founder, Everything.me. “We see this investment as evidence of the capabilities of fully-mobile web apps, which Everything.me provides to users at their fingertips, on demand. We are excited to be working with our new partners Telefónica, SingTel and Mozilla, who are driving innovation for consumers.”
“Everything.me represents a significant breakthrough in bringing the power of the web to mobile,” said Carlos Domingo, Director of Product Development & Innovation, Telefónica Digital. “We are committed to driving greater openness in mobile ecosystems which will in turn spur innovation. This is why we are such strong supporters of Firefox OS. The integration of Everything.me into Firefox OS will add a rich and compelling content experience for customers.”
“Everything.me is aligned closely with Mozilla’s mission and goals,” said Jay Sullivan, VP, Products, Mozilla. “Like us, they are committed to using the power of the web to bring the mobile app experience to consumers, regardless of the platform, OS or browser used. We are excited to be working closely together to further the abilities of the HTML5, and to create an outstanding content experience on the Firefox OS.”
“We are excited to be a part of the team at Everything.me,” said Jeff Karras, Managing Director, SingTel Innov8. “Everything.me offers a fundamental change to the mobile experience providing access to a broad universe of mobile applications and unlocking the power of HTML5.”
“Everything.me will change the way mobile users access and interact with mobile apps,” said Tim Draper, Founder and Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Board Member, Everything.me. “Everything.me emerges in the intersection of apps, HTML5 and cloud, to connect people with the information and the functionality they want in a more agile manner. For developers, it provides an open web and multiplatform (HTML5) playground to innovate beyond the limitations of the existing app stores. For users, it brings the right services to them at the right place at the right time. We look forward to the opportunity this latest round of funding provides Everything.me in the future.”
Everything.me is disrupting the mobile industry with its dynamic phone platform. Enabled by Everything.me, a dynamic phone adapts to users’ needs by changing the apps on screen to match the content and services the user needs at any point in time. Any app offered by Everything.me can then be used directly from the cloud (using HTML5) without download and installation. Everything.me is available on HTML5, as an iPhone app and will be launched on Android. Founded in 2010 (as DoAT) and based in Israel, the company is backed by world-leading strategic and financial investors including Telefónica Digital, SingTel Innov8, Mozilla, Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), BRM Group, Horizon Ventures and DFJTF. For more information on the company, visit http://everything.me or follow them on Twitter (@EverythingMe)
About Telefónica Digital
Telefónica Digital is a global business division of Telefónica. Its mission is to seize the opportunities within the digital world and deliver new growth for Telefónica through research & development, venture capital, global partnerships and digital services such as cloud computing, mobile advertising, M2M and eHealth. It is also driving innovation in over the top communications under a new umbrella brand called TU and in Big Data through Telefónica Dynamic Insights. Telefónica Digital will deliver these new products and services to Telefónica's 314 million customers as well as entering new markets. It is headquartered in London with regional centres in Silicon Valley, Sao Paulo, Spain and Tel Aviv. Jajah, TokBox, Terra, Media Networks Latin America, 48 and giffgaff are all managed under the Telefónica Digital umbrella.
DFJ is a venture capital firm that partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs who set out to change the world. Since 1985, DFJ and the DFJ Global Network have had $7B committed to their funds and have managed more than 400 portfolio investments, including AdMob, Baidu, Box, Skype, Hotmail, SpaceX, Tesla Motors, SolarCity, Twitter, Tumblr and Yammer. DFJ works with companies at seed, early and growth stages, with the goal of creating iconic and lasting businesses. DFJ pioneers investing in emerging markets including consumer and enterprise information technology, digital media, and disruptive technologies. The DFJ Global Network is a federation of 16 independent venture funds operating on four continents that cooperate on investment diligence and co-investing. Learn more at dfj.com and on Twitter @DFJvc.
Contact: email@example.com and Tel: +1 650 233 9000
About SingTel Innov8
SingTel Innov8 (Innov8), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the SingTel Group, is a corporate venture capital fund, with its own set of decision making, approval and funding processes. It has an initial fund size of S$200 million. Innov8 focuses its investments on technologies and solutions that lead to quantum changes in network capabilities, next generation devices, digital content services and enablers to enhance customer experience. It works closely with the ecosystem of leading innovators, developers, government agencies, R&D and capital providers to bring cutting-edge technologies and solutions to the various markets the SingTel Group operates in.
Mozilla has been a pioneer and advocate for the Web for more than a decade. We create and promote open standards that enable innovation and advance the Web as a platform for all. Today, hundreds of millions of people worldwide use Mozilla Firefox to discover, experience and connect to the Web on computers, tablets and mobile phones. For more information please visit https://www.mozilla.org/
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?