|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 12:44 PM EST||
SEATTLE, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As one of the world's largest startup economies, Seattle is known for its entrepreneurs. From Starbucks to Microsoft to the vendors in Pike Place Market, the startup spirit in Seattle has helped fuel the local economy. Today it receives another boost, with the launch of Zaarly Storefronts – an online marketplace that helps local entrepreneurs make money doing what they love.
With the launch of Zaarly Storefronts in Seattle, we're empowering local chefs, handymen, yoga instructors, gardeners and other sellers to list and sell their skills and services. The Storefronts provide a one-stop, digital shop where the local community of Seattle can discover their most talented and trusted service providers. Seattle joins San Francisco, LA, New York and Kansas City, in the ranks of other cities that are building their own local economies with Zaarly Storefronts.
"Launching Storefronts in Seattle was a no brainer. Entrepreneurs are the heart of this city, and we wanted to give people another way to make money doing what they love," explained Bo Fishback, Zaarly CEO. "For buyers, Zaarly Storefronts will help Seattle's residents connect with talented local entrepreneurs who can deliver amazing local services and custom made goods."
Meet Seattle's Talented Service Providers
Zaarly Storefronts will launch in Seattle with several hundred listings from local entrepreneurs who come highly recommended by other Seattle residents. Whether a buyer is looking for a mixologist, a baker, a carpenter or even a dance fitness instructor, Zaarly Storefronts is the answer. For example:
- Want a custom craft cocktail menu for a holiday soiree? Mixologist Jordan Giarratano works with clients to tailor creative and delicious cocktails for private parties all over the city. As an artist and writer, he works with clients to find the most creative concepts and writes fun descriptions to go along with them. Along with his impeccable on-site bartending service, his libations are sure to make any party memorable.
- After being diagnosed with fibromyalgia at the age of 18, Rylie Haack turned to a 100% gluten-free diet. Although she was committed to her gluten-free lifestyle, she didn't want to give up sweets. After graduating from college with a degree in math and economics, she followed her passions all the way to culinary school before starting Rylie Cakes. Now she creates delicious gluten-free sweets like banana nut bread and chai oatmeal muffins.
- Don Meyers fell in love with carpentry while remodeling his house. Gradually, with practice, and some guidance from journeymen, classes, videos, and with an analytical approach to problems, he soon had acquaintances saying "Hey, Don! You did such a good job on your addition (or bathroom, or deck, or closet, or porch, or basement), how about helping me with mine?" After years working in the computer industry, he pursued his true passion and got his contractor's license.
- Sherree James started "Shake" to offer something for everyone in the field of dance-fitness. She offers five packs of any dance fitness class – from Zumba, Zumba toning, hip hop fitness to urban striptease -- for only $28. As a result of her passion for dance, Sherree recently won Western Seattle's best fitness instructor award.
Check out https://zaarly.com/in/Seattle to discover more amazing Seattle-based sellers and service providers.
Zaarly Storefronts: Make Money Doing What You Love
Skilled individuals can apply to be featured in Zaarly's trusted network. After carefully considering each application, Zaarly chooses the best-of-the-best to be part of each community's local Storefront. Storefronts are currently available in Seattle, Kansas City, San Francisco, New York City and Los Angeles, with plans to roll out in additional cities in the coming weeks.
In addition, buyers can still ask for anything from tens of thousands of local, talented people in Zaarly's open marketplace or by using the Zaarly Anywhere button on sites like The Fancy, Everyday Health, Los Angeles Times, Cookstr and IKEAHackers.
Since launching in May 2011, nearly half-a-million people have signed up for Zaarly. In October 2011, Zaarly announced that it had added Meg Whitman, former CEO of eBay and current CEO of HP, to its board of directors.
Zaarly is a leading online marketplace to discover, hire and work with talented sellers and service providers in your neighborhood. Based in San Francisco, CA, Zaarly is backed by investors, including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sands Capital Ventures, Ashton Kutcher, Felicis Ventures, Bill Lee, Naval Ravikant, Lightbank, SV Angel, Paul Buchheit, Thrive Capital, Marc Ecko and Michael Arrington. Zaarly is currently available on the web, mobile web, Android and iPhone application. Visit https://zaarly.com for more information.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?