|By Business Wire||
|December 3, 2012 10:00 AM EST||
Power Assure®, Inc., a data center infrastructure and energy management solutions provider, and iTRACS, Inc., the leading provider of open, enterprise-class Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solutions, today announced at the Gartner Data Center Conference 2012 the availability of an integrated DCIM solution that turns data centers into revenue centers with increased reliability and availability, better server utilization, and new revenue streams generated from energy market participation. The integrated Power Assure/iTRACS solution is being demonstrated this week in Power Assure’s Booth #108.
The Power Assure and iTRACS collaboration unlocks operational data and turns it into actionable insight to help decision-makers reduce OPEX and CAPEX through aggressive server consolidation and resource management strategies; optimize the business output of the data center via increased rack capacities and higher CPU utilization; and implement a variety of new strategies for monetizing the data center fleet across geographies, including participation in the energy market by shifting and selling excess IT energy loads.
This transformative solution combines Power Assure’s open API and web services-based PAR4 server performance metrics, IT forecasting, and global energy intelligence software with iTRACS’ open systems Converged Physical Infrastructure Management™ (CPIM®) DCIM software suite for visualizing, managing, and optimizing the physical ecosystem. Power Assure and iTRACS have been recognized as DCIM specialist by Gartner under “Vendors to Watch” in its November 27, 2012 research note entitled “Market Trends: Total Addressable DCIM Market Will Reach $1.7B in 2016.”
“Power Assure’s partnership with iTRACS signifies the growing shift in how data centers contribute to an enterprise,” said Brad Wurtz, president and CEO, Power Assure. “With monetization through participation in the energy market, data centers can accurately forecast IT energy loads to automatically shift, shed, and sell their energy loads back to utilities, becoming a source of new revenue. Combined with new cost reduction strategies including better methodologies for Computational Fluid Dynamics modeling, the data center can be converted from a cost center to a revenue center. We are excited to help drive this transformation with iTRACS.”
“The financial community is increasingly treating the data center as a capital asset with direct impact on the organization’s top and bottom lines,” said Elizabeth Given, president and CEO, iTRACS. “The data center is evolving from a cost center to a source of revenue and profitability, whether you’re increasing customer transactions per kilowatt or participating in the lucrative energy market. Our partnership with Power Assure underscores the value of an extensible DCIM software suite in fueling this evolution.”
About the Gartner Data Center Conference 2012
The Gartner Data Center Conference is the most comprehensive compilation of sessions and advice on the future of the data center ever held. It offers the latest insights and best practices for all major data center disciplines – servers, operating systems, storage, business continuity and disaster recovery. Additional information is available at www.gartner.com/us/datacenter.
iTRACS is the leading provider of open, enterprise-class Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solutions that drive efficiency, performance, cost savings, and strategic value in physical infrastructure. iTRACS’ Converged Physical Infrastructure Management™ (CPIM®) features the world’s first and only holistic command-and-control of the data center combining an open systems architecture with a navigable 3D environment. Interactive 3D Visualization – The Efficiency Engine™ is at the heart of the CPIM® solution, unleashing new opportunities to create efficiency and business value in the design, management, and optimization of physical infrastructure. iTRACS is helping enterprises around the world drive efficiency and optimize asset performance. Improve capacity utilization. Leverage cloud, big data, and other game-changing technologies. And optimize the business value of the entire physical infrastructure investment. 33% of CPIM® customers are in the Global/Fortune 500.
About Power Assure (www.powerassure.com)
Power Assure is a leading developer of Data Center Infrastructure and Energy Management software for large enterprises, government agencies, and managed service providers. Power Assure’s solutions provide visibility, intelligence, analytics and automation to help CIOs, IT directors, and facilities managers optimize capacity, service levels, and power consumption within and across data centers. Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, the company is privately held with funding from ABB Technology Ventures, Dominion Energy Technologies, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Good Energies, Point Judith Capital, and a grant from the Department of Energy. Power Assure partners include ABB, Cisco, Dell, IBM, In-Q-Tel, PARC, Raritan, UL and VMware.
Power Assure is a registered trademark of Power Assure, Inc. All product names and references remain the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?