|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- Kerio Technologies today launched a new cloud service infrastructure for its partners and customers. Although Kerio previously enabled its channel partners to host Kerio Connect on their own hardware using the SaaS model, this marks Kerio's first major push into true, hosted infrastructure services. The first Kerio Cloud offering will be the company's flagship product, Kerio Connect 8, a messaging (email) and calendaring server.
Unlike cloud email solutions such as Microsoft Office 365 or Google Apps, Kerio offers its customers a private cloud experience, which in turn allows them more control over their own data.
"Pundits have touted cloud services and predicted the demise of on-premise solutions for a few years now," said Scott Schreiman, CEO, Kerio Technologies. "While customer data suggests that onsite servers are still very popular, we think Kerio Cloud is the most secure and flexible solution for the IT guy that is looking for an alternative, but is still evaluating the cloud. Our private cloud not only eliminates the need for partners to carry the hardware burden, it allows them to focus their energy on adding value instead of worrying about the availability of email services."
The way it works: Kerio Cloud is a hosted infrastructure service that allows Kerio partners to resell Kerio "Software as a Service" to their end customers, eliminating the need to purchase and maintain their own server environments. Kerio will provide its partners with private virtual machines running Kerio Connect 8 in the cloud with some basic configuration. The Kerio partner will take it from there, acting as the primary administrator and support contact for their clients.
"We have long offered Kerio Connect as an alternative to Exchange and Google Apps," said Walter Huff, president of Huff Technologies, a Kerio preferred partner in Jacksonville, Florida. "As email has moved to the cloud, I was anxious to participate in the Kerio Cloud beta program, and after testing with my clients, I can report that the reliability, security and ease of administration rivals any other email service on the market."
The suggested retail price for Kerio Connect Cloud is $10 per user per month; however Kerio partners have the flexibility to set their own price based on bundled services and local competitive forces.
Kerio Connect 8 features the new Kerio Connect client, which is a completely redesigned Webmail experience that has been rebuilt from the ground up to deliver the performance and experience users expect from a modern web application. Email, calendars, contacts, tasks and notes are fully functional in the Kerio Connect client.
In addition to this new cloud offering, Kerio Connect 8 continues to be available as an on-premise server solution and through our existing SaaS hosting partners.
About Kerio Technologies, Inc.
Innovating in Internet security since 1997, Kerio Technologies, Inc. provides unified collaboration, communications and security solutions for businesses and organizations worldwide that prefer a simple approach to IT. Kerio is headquartered in San Jose, California, and has offices in New York, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Australia, and Russia. Kerio is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, a member of CalConnect, a calendaring and scheduling consortium, and a member of the Mac Developer Program. Kerio has more than 5,000 channel partners who support more than 50,000 customers in more than 108 countries. Technology partners include Sophos, zvelo, VMware, Parallels and Notify Technology Corporation. For more information, please visit www.kerio.com.
"Kerio," its products and its logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Kerio Technologies, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries, as the case may be.
Kerio Technologies, Inc.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?