|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 06:00 PM EST||
HOUSTON, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Amerex Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of GFI Group Inc. (NYSE: "GFIG"), a leading over-the-counter energy brokerage offering services in electricity, natural gas, emission credits and allowances, renewable energy credits, retail energy procurement, energy consulting and energy data services, today announced changes in its senior management structure.
Amerex's President, Clay Davis, has been appointed Senior Advisor for Commodities Ecommerce and will remain at the firm directing strategic initiatives in ecommerce, which include the implementation of GFI trading technology.
Going forward, Amerex will be directed by its Executive Committee led by Mark Gaynor and comprising Paul Puchot, Scott Halperin and Brian Dowell. Amerex's Executive Committee reports to Richard Giles, GFI Group Managing Director and Head of Commodities and Energy Brokerage, North America.
Commenting on the moves, Richard Giles said: "I wish to compliment Clay for his nearly 17 years of valuable service to Amerex and GFI. In his new role, Clay will roll out GFI trading technology and support services to market participants", and added, "This is a great opportunity for Clay to leverage his deep knowledge and experience of the commodities and energy markets as they go through the dynamic changes introduced by the Dodd-Frank Act".
Mr Gaynor is a Managing Director at Amerex Brokers and has been with the firm over 20 years. Mr Puchot is Managing Director, Business Development and the firm's Senior Counsel. Mr Halperin is a Managing Director responsible for the Brokerage business. Mr Dowell is a Managing Director and Head of East Power Brokerage.
GFI Group technology in the energy and commodities markets in North America is spearheaded by EnergyMatch®, the next generation electronic OTC energy marketplace that combines the liquidity pools of multiple brokerage firms, electronic trading participants along with multiple clearing options in an open access web based platform. EnergyMatch® brings together buyers and sellers of derivative and physical commodities contracts.
About Amerex Brokers LLC
Founded in 1978, Amerex is a leading over-the-counter energy brokerage offering services in electricity, natural gas, emission credits and allowances, renewable energy credits, retail energy procurement, energy consulting and energy data services. From its office in Houston, Amerex offers liquidity and timely execution to meet the needs of a global client network of more than 1,000 firms including thousands of traders and risk management professionals. For additional information, please visit www.amerexenergy.com.
Amerex Brokers LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of GFI Group Inc. (NYSE: GFIG), a leading inter-dealer broker specializing in over-the-counter derivatives products and related securities. GFI provides brokerage services, trading system software and market data and analytics software products for a range of credit, financial, equity and commodity instruments. GFI operates one of the largest OTC energy brokerage businesses in North America both directly and through its Amerex and StarSupply businesses.
About GFI Group Inc.
GFI Group Inc. (NYSE: "GFIG") is a leading provider of wholesale brokerage services, clearing services, electronic execution and trading support products for global financial markets. GFI Group Inc. provides brokerage services, market data, trading platform and analytics software products to institutional clients in markets for a range of fixed income, financial, equity and commodity instruments.
Headquartered in New York, GFI was founded in 1987 and employs more than 2,100 people with additional offices in London, Paris, Nyon, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, Cape Town, Santiago, Bogota, Buenos Aires, Dubai, Dublin, Tel Aviv, Los Angeles and Sugar Land (TX). GFI Group Inc. provides services and products to over 2,600 institutional clients, including leading investment and commercial banks, corporations, insurance companies and hedge funds. Its brands include GFI(SM), GFInet®, CreditMatch®, GFI ForexMatch®, EnergyMatch®, FENICS®, Starsupply®, Amerex®, Trayport® and Kyte®.
Certain matters discussed in this press release contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used in this press release, the words "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "may," "might," "intend," "expect" and similar expressions identify such forward-looking statements. Actual results, performance or achievements could differ materially from those contemplated, expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements contained herein. These forward-looking statements are based largely on the expectations of GFI Group Inc. (the "Company") and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. These include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties associated with: economic, political and market factors affecting trading volumes; securities prices or demand for the Company's brokerage services; competition from current and new competitors; the Company's ability to attract and retain key personnel, including highly-qualified brokerage personnel; the Company's ability to identify and develop new products and markets; changes in laws and regulations governing the Company's business and operations or permissible activities; the Company's ability to manage its international operations; financial difficulties experienced by the Company's customers or key participants in the markets in which the Company focuses its brokerage services; the Company's ability to keep up with technological changes; uncertainties relating to litigation and the Company's ability to assess and integrate acquisition prospects. Further information about factors that could affect the Company's financial and other results is included in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company does not undertake to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For any queries or additional information please contact:
Vice President - Public Relations
GFI Group Inc.
55 Water Street, 28th Floor
New York, NY 10041
Tel: (212) 968 2964
Mob: (646) 717 4379
Vice President, Marketing & Data Services
Amerex Brokers LLC
Tel: (281) 340-5206
SOURCE Amerex Brokers LLC
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- Benefits and Economics of Strong Authentication in the Cloud
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?