|By Business Wire||
|December 10, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
The OpenNMS Foundation Europe has been created by an independent group of OpenNMS users as a non-profit organization to promote network management in general and the OpenNMS network management platform in particular.
“The OpenNMS Foundation Europe welcomes everyone who uses OpenNMS to the OpenNMS community, not just those who contribute code. We have been extremely good at integrating people who contribute code, but if you are simply a satisfied user and would like to share and learn from other users, we were much less organized,” explains Alex Finger, President of the OpenNMS Foundation Europe. “Now we have a place where we can gather OpenNMS supporters and spread product knowledge and experience. We want to advocate open source and help others to learn to use OpenNMS. The Foundation is a way to extend this community.” The agenda of next year's planned Users Conference is already filled with user stories and experiences, in addition to basic and advanced training on the application.
Tarus Balog, CEO of the OpenNMS Group (the for-profit corporation behind OpenNMS), stated, "One of the most successful management platforms of all time was Hewlett-Packard's OpenView. That success was due in large part to the independent and active community developed by the OpenView Forum users group. We are excited and encouraged that the formation of this foundation will further promote OpenNMS as well as emphasize the open source nature of the software."
The OpenNMS Users Conference is scheduled for the week of 11 March 2013 to take place at the University of Fulda in Fulda, Germany. Full conference information and sponsorship opportunities are available at http://opennms.eu.
OpenNMS (www.opennms.org) is the world’s first enterprise-grade network management application platform developed under the open-source model. It is a 100% free software alternative to commercial products such as HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli, and CA Unicenter.
ABOUT THE OPENNMS FOUNDATION
The OpenNMS Foundation Europe (www.opennms.eu) is a registered non-profit organization in Germany. The foundation promotes education, research, advocacy and knowledge sharing around network management with open source software and specifically OpenNMS. It is open to individuals and companies interested in taking part in the community.
ABOUT THE OPENNMS GROUP
The OpenNMS Project is maintained by The OpenNMS Group (www.opennms.com), who also provide commercial support, services and training for the OpenNMS platform.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?