|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
PLEASANTON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- YarcData, a Cray (NASDAQ: CRAY) company dedicated to providing "Big Data" graph-analytic solutions to enterprises, today announced that it has joined the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), which is an international community that develops open web standards.
The W3C's mission is to lead the World Wide Web to its full potential by developing protocols and guidelines that ensure the long-term growth of the web. As a W3C member, YarcData will join working groups for Linked Data and RDF in support of W3C's goal to provide a semantic web environment that is available in a standard, reachable, and manageable format. YarcData's graph analytics appliance, uRiKA, utilizes RDF and SPARQL in its graph database.
"We are excited to have YarcData on board as W3C members," said Dr. Jeffrey Jaffe, Chief Executive Officer of the Worldwide Web Consortium. "SPARQL and RDF are key technologies for the analysis of Big Data available on the World Wide Web and we are pleased to see YarcData's commitment to the next generation of the web of data."
Shoaib Mufti, vice president of research and development at YarcData, recently attended the W3C's annual Technical Plenary and Advisory Committee (TPAC) meeting, which brought together more than 450 W3C members from around the world. Held in Lyon, France, this year's meeting featured a variety of breakout sessions on the future of the web and how it is disrupting and impacting many diverse industries.
"We believe that RDF and SPARQL are quickly becoming leading standards for graph analytics, and that they will become to graph analytics what SQL is to relational databases," said Mufti. "We are very pleased to be a part of the community supporting the W3C, and we look forward to collaborating with fellow technology innovators to encourage and assist in developing web standards that are important for enabling previously intractable discovery in Big Data."
About the World Wide Web Consortium
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international consortium where Member organizations, a full-time staff, and the public work together to develop Web standards and guidelines designed to ensure long-term growth for the Web. Nearly 400 organizations are Members of the Consortium. W3C is jointly run by the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (MIT CSAIL) in the USA, the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM) headquartered in France, and Keio University in Japan, and has 20 outreach offices worldwide. For more information see http://www.w3.org.
About the uRiKA Graph-Analytics Appliance
YarcData's uRiKA system is a Big Data appliance for graph analytics that enables enterprises to discover unknown relationships in Big Data. The uRiKA system is a highly scalable, real-time platform that supports ad hoc queries, pattern-based searches, inferencing and deduction. Singularly focused on graph analytics, uRiKA augments existing analytical environments by delivering new high-value discoveries and insights that drive competitive advantage.
YarcData, a Cray company, delivers business-focused, real-time graph analytics for enterprises to gain business insight by discovering unknown relationships in Big Data. Early adopters include the Canadian government, Institute for Systems Biology, Mayo Clinic, Noblis, Sandia National Laboratories, and the United States government. YarcData is based in the San Francisco bay area and more information is available at www.yarcdata.com.
About Cray Inc.
As a global leader in supercomputing, Cray provides highly advanced supercomputers and world-class services and support to government, industry and academia. Cray technology is designed to enable scientists and engineers to achieve remarkable breakthroughs by accelerating performance, improving efficiency and extending the capabilities of their most demanding applications. Cray's Adaptive Supercomputing vision is focused on delivering innovative next-generation products that integrate diverse processing technologies into a unified architecture, allowing customers to surpass today's limitations and meeting the market's continued demand for realized performance. Go to www.cray.com for more information.
Cray is a registered trademark of Cray Inc. in the United States and other countries, and YarcData and uRiKA are trademarks of Cray Inc. Other product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- The Master Plan for Enterprise Mobility
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?