|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
CLOSTER, N.J., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ericom Software, a global leader in application access and desktop virtualization solutions, today announced that the City of Panama City, Florida has chosen Ericom AccessNow to empower city employees with remote, browser-based access to mission-critical municipal and other hosted Windows applications from Chromebooks, laptops and mobile devices such as iPads, iPhones and Android smartphones and tablets. The solution, which is supported on Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and other HTML5 browsers, does not require Java, Flash, or any other underlying technology on the end-user device, and enables successful Chromebook and BYOD implementation.
Richard Ferrick, Network Administrator for the City of Panama City said, "My team is privileged with introducing the city to cloud computing and other technologies. Rolling out Chromebooks with AccessNow HTML5-based access presents a big asset to the City. We have been evaluating AccessNow on Chromebooks and other devices for remote access to various Windows-based apps and Google Apps for Government, and just love it."
Ferrick added, "The overall cost and ease of administration makes the Chromebook-AccessNow solution a winner. Our objective is to offer users simple and flexible remote access into our systems, from any location." Ferrick continued, "Using Chromebooks and other devices, our department heads and staff, including a team with the critical responsibility of monitoring lift stations, can attend meetings throughout the City, log in remotely and take care of business as if they're sitting in the office."
Brian Berns, Ericom Software's President and COO said: "With the City of Panama City as a new customer, we're thrilled that another government agency is benefiting from the combined Chromebook and AccessNow capabilities. A growing number of government, education, healthcare and other types of organizations find AccessNow to be of great value in facilitating quick and easy roll out of Chromebooks, BYOD initiatives and remote access in general. In addition, many sites which have been evaluating Chromebooks require our HTML5-based access solution to access Windows applications and desktops from Chromebooks and any other device types without having to install any software on the end-user device."
Ericom AccessNow (www.EricomAccessNow.com) eliminates the need to install and maintain remote access client software, and provides direct cost savings, ease of implementation, enhanced security, and greater flexibility provided by a pure browser-based solution.
Ericom AccessNow provides multiple benefits to organizations of all sizes, including:
- Support for browser-based access from anywhere and almost any user device, including Chromebooks, Windows and Linux PCs and laptops, Mac, iPads / iPhones, Android devices and others
- Same look and feel on all supported device types, reducing training and help desk costs
- Enables IT staff to publish Windows applications and desktops to Chromebooks (which do not natively support access to Windows-based resources)
- Deployment support for locked-down end-points, kiosks and computers for which the user does not have administrative privileges
- Simple, easy and inexpensive to maintain; does not require any infrastructure for deployment, upgrades or patches; simply put new version on the server
- Includes Ericom's RDP compression and acceleration technology for improved user experience and productivity
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access, Virtualization and RDP Acceleration Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. Ericom has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and EMEA. Ericom also has an extensive network of distributors and partners throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Far East. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 7 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit www.Ericom.com
Copyright © 2012 Ericom Software Ltd. Ericom is a registered trademark and Ericom AccessNow is a trademark, of Ericom Software Ltd. All other company and brand, and product and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Ericom Software
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?