|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 05:58 PM EST||
REDLANDS, Calif., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID) is honoring Esri and partner JMT Technology Group with a Momentum Award for a time and money-saving field management asset application. This award for outstanding Downtown Partnership/Program acknowledges a cloud-based solution for in-field data collection and management services that improves data accuracy.
"The mobile application now allows the BID to monitor and view public space activity in real time while painting an accurate picture to partnering agencies so that they can address issues more efficiently," says Rich Bradley, executive director of the DowntownDC Business Improvement District. "This really advances our technological abilities and places the collaborative efforts with the local government on a new level. We're excited to see this project evolve and become a new standard for monitoring and administering the public space."
JMT Technology Group worked closely with BID to understand all the unique problems and concerns that occur in downtown, resulting in a carefully developed, customized mobile application. "The DowntownDC BID solution provides the mechanism to collect the information, report it to the city via open 311 standards, and generate reports for performance measurement," says Tim Abdella, senior associate, JMT Technology Group. "It not only saves time and money in the field, it provides actionable information that improves the quality of life in the district."
DowntownDC BID staff use the field management asset application to report on the condition of assets like street poles, sidewalks, and trees and to maintain a current asset and GIS inventory. The application uses Esri ArcGIS technology to better manage public space, analyze data, produce maps, and improve decision making.
"Advancements in the ArcGIS platform and cloud infrastructure, along with our users' willingness to try something different, makes projects like the DowntownDC BID data collection application possible, cost-effective, and successful," says Anthony Puzzo, Esri senior account executive. "Partners like JMT Technology enable our users to build solutions that would have been difficult a few years ago but are now attainable and repeatable. Esri is grateful for this award and appreciates the recognition."
The award ceremony will take place Wednesday, December 12, at the Carnegie Library in Washington, DC. The awards recognize people, projects, and organizations in the public and private sectors that bring innovation and excitement to the downtown area.
About JMT Technology Group
JMT Technology Group is a progressive geospatial services provider that assists government and private sector markets to solve complex business challenges through the use of web, desktop, and mobile technologies. We help our clients to access and visualize their data spatially, making it possible to ask and answer questions that would otherwise not be possible. JMT's industry experience allows our clients to receive more immediate and measurable return on investment through our ability to facilitate a proven, collaborative process that ensures the best solution for each unique challenge. Visit us at www.jmttg.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Since 1969, Esri has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS, Esri software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. Esri applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world's mapping and spatial analysis. Esri is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at www.esri.com.
Esri, the Esri globe logo, GIS by Esri, ArcGIS, www.esri.com, and @esri.com are trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions. Other companies and products mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective trademark owners.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?