|By Business Wire||
|December 13, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
Nivio, a cloud computing company providing IT solutions to small and medium businesses, announced the release of its new comprehensive IT offering, Nivio for business. The integrated platform combines Windows desktops, networked storage, easy user management, and an app store that enables instant provisioning of essential business applications such as Microsoft Office.
Nivio for business addresses a prominent issue for all organizations: mobile access. With analysts projecting tablet sales in excess of 1.2 billion in 2013, all SMBs are trying cope with providing a consistent BYOD strategy without threatening security or adding complexity. Nivio users can quickly and easily access their cloud-based Windows desktop, plus all their files and software, on nearly any device; from iOS and Android tablets and smartphones to Chromebooks, Kindle Fires, and even public or shared computers.
Nivio provides maintenance, security, licensing, and upgrades. All business IT needs are covered end-to-end with minimal setup or management. “SMBs are faced with technology problems that are increasingly complex and costly to manage – everything from BYOD and mobile access, to dealing with security threats and different versions of different software,” said Frank Houghton, CEO of Nivio. “Solving these challenges is nearly impossible without a dedicated IT department, and few SMBs have that luxury. Using Nivio, businesses can concentrate on what they do well and leave the rest to us.”
From an IT standpoint, setting up an office could easily take days, but with Nivio, businesses can get set up in minutes without any hardware or infrastructure. Administrators can use the control panel interface to add users, set storage permissions, and instantly give staff access to more than 40 software applications and suites like Microsoft Office. The end user just logs in to Nivio to access their Windows computing experience on the device of their choosing.
Mobile and remote access is also a seamless experience. Users simply download a small app to their device or log in to their Nivio account through the HTML 5 web interface to access their fully-functional Windows desktop, files, and full versions of all their software.
In the face of a rapidly changing technology environment, SMBs need reliable systems at a fixed cost. “With Google charging for Google Apps, it only underscores the importance of what SMBs have known all along: that having a premium and reliable service available when you need it is worth paying for. The SMB is an important market sector for technology as they tend to be more nimble and take savvy approaches to solving every day business problems,” said Houghton. “Online productivity applications have their place, but typically offer a compromised experience. Users need a seamless experience where they can easily interact with other applications; a Windows-based hosted desktop with integrated shared storage and mobile device support. Nivio does just that.”
- Create virtual Windows desktops on-demand as businesses add users.
- Windows with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more on nearly any device via a downloaded application (for iOS, Android, PCs, and Mac), or via the Nivio HTML 5 web interface.
- Rent software, including Microsoft Office, for low monthly fees. Rent it by the month only when it is needed. All software provisioned within Nivio is fully licensed with all updates and maintenance managed are covered.
- Manage accounts with the administrative control panel interface. Create new desktops, provision software, manage storage and permissions, monitor usage, and run reports.
- Built-in networked storage via the company share virtual file server. Store and share files, set access permissions, and add storage as your business grows.
- Share files via nDrive, our built-in file sharing and storage functionality which synchronizes files across devices, and makes sharing and collaborating easy.
- Nivio customer support is available around the clock to all customers at no added cost.
- Data, files, and activities are protected against viruses, malware and security breaches, so staff can access data anywhere with confidence.
Nivio, headquartered in Palo Alto, California, with offices in the UK, India, and Australia, is a cloud-computing company focused on solving the everyday technology needs of businesses. Launched in 2012, the company’s goal is to provide a cost-effective platform that makes setting up and managing essential business technology for your office as easy as using your TV or phone.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?