|By Marketwired .||
|December 13, 2012 05:00 PM EST||
LOS ALTOS, CA--(Marketwire - December 13, 2012) - GENWI (http://genwi.com), the cloud publishing leader that helps publishers to easily deliver their content to all mobile devices, today announced that it has won the prestigious MEF Americas 2012 Award for Mobile Innovation.
MEF, the global community for mobile content and commerce, was impressed with GENWI's revolutionary cloud-based mobile Content Management System, which provides content publishers the platform to create live and engaging native and HTML5 apps to engage Generation Wireless. GENWI mCMS currently powers over 1,800 apps for brands including American Express, Deloitte, Condé Nast, The Hollywood Reporter, and The Dolan Company.
The inaugural MEF Americas 2012 Award for Mobile Innovation, in association with Red Herring, saw the shortlisted start-ups pitch their products and services in a live final -- Battle of the Start-Ups -- as part of 3rd annual event taking place, in Miami.
As well as winning the prestigious award, GENWI will receive a full year's membership to MEF enabling the start-up to accelerate its growth through the global member community. The competition was open to any mobile content and commerce start-up actively innovating in the North America and Latin America regions and marks MEF's commitment to championing growth and innovation in the mobile content and commerce industry worldwide.
Rimma Perelmuter, Executive Director, MEF, commented: "Congratulations to GENWI for winning the first ever Mobile Innovation Award at MEF Americas. The award underlines MEF's commitment to showcasing and supporting hot mobile start-ups. The breadth of finalists was very exciting, representing the diversity of the mobile ecosystem and demonstrates innovation from across North and Latin America."
The Mobile Innovation Award is part of a new series of innovation awards for MEF, the first of which took place in London in September as part of the annual Meffys, the global awards for mobile content and commerce.
"Following on the heels of our Red Herring Top 100 Global Award earlier this month, it's incredibly gratifying that another organization has recognized GENWI as a truly innovative start-up that is changing how content publishers and readers engage on all mobile devices," said PJ Gurumohan, Co-Founder and CEO. "We want to sincerely thank MEF, Red Herring, and everyone involved. The team is incredibly proud and we're looking forward to an even more exciting 2013."
GENWI (Generation Wireless) helps content publishers create live and engaging apps with a revolutionary cloud-based mobile Content Management System (mCMS). Publishers can easily repurpose existing content, enjoy complete creative freedom using standard web technologies, and deliver apps that can be revised in real time on all mobile devices. The GENWI mCMS enables publishers to get on mobile quickly with no programming and zero total cost of ownership.
Over 1800 publishers have GENWI powered apps including American Express, Deloitte, Condé Nast, The Hollywood Reporter, and The Dolan Company. Founded in 2010, GENWI is a privately held firm based in Los Altos, CA with another office in New York City. For more information, please visit http://genwi.com or follow us on Twitter @genwi.
Amanda Van Nuys
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?