|By Marketwired .||
|December 19, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 12/19/12 -- Bloomfire, the company that is revolutionizing knowledge sharing in business, today announced it has achieved record growth for 2012. The success this past year was attributed to the company's dedication to putting knowledge in the hands of employees all across the world. Bloomfire embraces the cloud, mobile and social business transformation, allowing knowledge sharing to be easily incorporated into daily life.
"Our success over this past year is largely due to the Bloomfire team, who are all dedicated to providing excellence in knowledge sharing to all of our customers and partners," said Craig Malloy, CEO of Bloomfire. "The cloud, mobile and social trends are now starting to change the way people do their jobs, and we're here to provide a solution that works with the trends, improving collaboration and knowledge sharing across all departments and roles."
2012 Company Milestones: Lighting the Fire from Within
Founded in 2010, Bloomfire is a privately held company that develops a web-based and mobile application for businesses to create and post content, search and browse for what you need to know, ask and answer community questions and find and follow experts. Bloomfire is the perfect solution to create a social intranet, social learning or collaborative content system. It's also ideal for enabling your sales teams and onboarding new employees and anywhere else knowledge needs to be shared. Since moving headquarters to downtown Austin, TX in January 2012, the company has experienced several organizational milestones, including:
- The announcement of a $10 million Series A round of funding, with investors Redpoint Ventures and Austin Ventures
- The subscription of nearly 200 paying customers, and more than 50,000 users
- An official listing on the Salesforce AppExchange after passing the Salesforce.com security review
Additionally, the company has initiated a 501c(3) partnership program with national nonprofits of all sizes, selecting one accredited charity or nonprofit each month to receive a free Bloomfire deployment and unlimited subscription to easily share knowledge and more effectively engage with volunteer networks.
"Make-A-Wish Central & South Texas utilized Bloomfire to share information with University of Texas MBA Program students during a 10-day fundraising project they were conducting to support the Foundation," said Scott Crews, Director of Development at Make-A-Wish Central & South Texas. "Bloomfire allowed us to share fundraising tools, answer questions and keep everyone informed all at one time. It was a communication time saver and helped the students in their efforts to raise more than $20,000 to grant wishes for Austin area children."
Bloomfire: Setting the Standard for Knowledge Sharing
Bloomfire also implemented significant product updates, including improved interactive capabilities and performance and a new experience that allows users to receive in-app notifications, add a Web link, answer questions via email, ask a colleague to answer a question, follow a specific question and keep track of unanswered questions.
Bloomfire also implemented several strategic integrations to enhance and streamline the user experience:
- Salesforce.com Chatter integration -- Bloomfire can be accessed directly from a tab within a Salesforce.com instance and Bloomfire posts can be published directly to the Salesforce.com Chatter stream
- LinkedIn integration -- Bloomfire provides a free tool to make collaboration simpler in LinkedIn groups, allowing any LinkedIn Member who is a member of a LinkedIn Group to connect a Bloomfire account directly to the group and share multimedia content.
- Google App Marketplace integration -- Bloomfire integrates with Google Apps, enabling seamless access to the app and single sign-on capabilities.
"Bloomfire powers the relationship between people who have knowledge and people who need it, which is the very core foundation of the Celebrating Home community," said Kenny Mobley, Senior Director of Marketing Technology at Celebrating Home. "Since adopting Bloomfire, over 19,000 users have signed in to Celebrating Home's six different communities and hundreds of hours of time have been saved by using the peer-to-peer Q&A feature. It's a no-brainer for us to build upon our existing Bloomfire community as the company looks toward continued growth."
Bloomfire is a knowledge sharing tool for the modern workforce, connecting people who have knowledge with those who need it so that your organization continuously improves. In a Bloomfire you find practical, informative content, right when you need it. Uncover tribal knowledge that was previously buried in email and hallway conversations. Create and contribute multimedia posts. Search and browse enduring content. Ask and answer important questions. Find and follow experts. To learn more, visit: http://www.bloomfire.com
Bloomfire is a trademark of Bloomfire, Inc. Other names mentioned herein are recognized to be the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Bhava Communications for Bloomfire
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?