|By Marketwired .||
|December 19, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
LOS ALTOS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/19/12 -- Box today announced that Discovery Communications, the world's number one nonfiction media company, has elected to adopt Box to power collaboration and content sharing across its global organization of more than 4,500 people. Discovery chose Box to address both its employees' need to quickly and easily collaborate across teams and locations to produce their award winning content and meet its IT team's high standards for enterprise-grade security.
"Moving to the cloud has given us a new way to communicate and empowers users to work from anywhere on any device," said Sam Garfield, Vice President, Enterprise PMO at Discovery Communications, who is charged with bringing innovative software solutions to the company. "Box has been an incredible partner for us -- saving our business time and allowing us to better manage, store and secure documents easily."
Discovery first bought Box licenses for the departments that had the greatest content-related needs, and was adopted quickly due to its ease of use and the deeply collaborative culture at Discovery. After several months, additional groups began to request access to Box, and today, eight months after the initial rollout, more than 2,100 employees in 40 offices around the world are using Box.
Discovery's employees use Box to collaborate and share files quickly and easily with their teams and with a wide variety of partners, including press, language translation services, advertising agencies, suppliers and production teams. In total, Box users at Discovery have stored more than 1,500 unique file types on Box, including PDFs, movie clips, images, and presentations. Box's support for a broad array of tablets and smartphones also ensures users have access to their content anywhere on any device, whether they are online or offline.
"Discovery is in the business of creating amazing content for people all around the world, and the best content comes from making it easy for talented, creative people to collaborate, no matter where they are or how they like to work," said Whitney Bouck, GM of enterprise at Box. "With Box, Discovery is tackling content sharing, collaboration and mobility with a service that's simple and intuitive for users, with rock solid security and administrative control."
To learn more about Box's growth and momentum in the media and entertainment industry, please visit http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=967799.
Founded in 2005, Box provides a secure content sharing platform that both users and IT love and adopt. Content on Box can be shared internally and externally, accessed through iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone applications, among others, and extended to partner applications such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce. Headquartered in Los Altos, CA, Box is a privately held company and is backed by venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Emergence Capital Partners, General Atlantic, Meritech Capital Partners, NEA, Scale Venture Partners, and U.S. Venture Partners, and strategic investors salesforce.com and SAP. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?