|By Business Wire||
|December 28, 2012 03:46 PM EST||
Parasoft Corporation, leader in service virtualization and cloud/API testing, announced today the availability of the paper presented at the LISA ’12 conference in San Diego CA: “Building a Protocol Validator for B2B Communications.” This speaking engagement highlighted how a system leveraging service virtualization enabled a utilities company to emulate a not-yet-implemented API for partner integration & automate the partner certification process.
To establish the infrastructure needed to efficiently transact in a recently deregulated energy market, a leading Netherlands energy organization created a new message format and API to streamline communications related to energy delivery and administration. Since the project was on a very strict deadline, partners had to develop and test their integration with this new API at the same time that it was being developed. A service-virtualization-based system helped them achieve this goal by emulating the anticipated API behavior. Moreover, the system automated the validation process, lending objectivity and traceability to the partner certification process.
The service virtualization paper that was presented at LISA, along with additional service virtualization resources, is available in Parasoft's LISA CA Service Virtualization ekit.
"The DevOps movement is now becoming a major and visible part of the sysadmins job," stated Rudi van Drunen, Competa IT. "Tools like Virtualize, implemented by specialized partners like Competa and OELAN can help here. At the successful USENIX' Lisa12 conference this has been shown and demonstrated in numerous talks."
About Parasoft’s Service Virtualization and Test Environment Management
Parasoft's service virtualization helps IT organizations develop and test complex applications faster and more comprehensively. With service virtualization, organizations significantly reduce the CapEx and OpEx of managing development and QA test environments. By providing anytime, anywhere access to the behavior of dependent applications that are difficult to access/configure for development and testing (e.g., databases, mainframes, 3rd-party applications, evolving services, etc.), service virtualization not only accelerates Agile and parallel development, but also enables the goal-oriented, business-driven test scenarios that significantly reduce application risk.
For more information about Parasoft’s service virtualization and test environment management capabilities, see:
- Parasoft Virtualize Service Virtualization
- Service Virtualization Resource Center
- Service Virtualization YouTube channel
- Service Virtualization Blogs
For 25 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating Development Testing, cloud/API testing, and service virtualization, we reduce the time, effort, and cost of delivering secure, reliable, and compliant software. Parasoft’s enterprise and embedded development solutions are the industry’s most comprehensive—including static analysis, unit testing with requirements traceability, functional & load testing, dev/test environment management, and more. The majority of Fortune 500 companies rely on Parasoft in order to produce top-quality software consistently and efficiently.
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Series: Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013 Integration with AsteriskNOW PBX Pt. 1
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- XIRSYS Launches WebRTC Hosting Service
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?