|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2013 07:00 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delphi today announced the release of its innovative new cloud-based automotive connectivity service for consumers. At the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the company will be demonstrating Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi, a device that provides a groundbreaking car-to-cloud/cloud-to-car connectivity service. Drivers can mimic their key fob functions to control their car, track, locate, access, secure and monitor their vehicles anywhere at any time with a smartphone or browser. The first-in-its-class device works in most vehicles sold in the U.S. from 1996 onward.
The Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi will be available online and in Verizon Wireless stores in the coming weeks. To see more about the device, please visit connectedcar.delphi.com. The device will be on display at both the Delphi and Verizon booths at CES. The Delphi booth can be found at the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Booth #730 and the Verizon Wireless booth can be found at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, Booth #31400.
The Delphi car connectivity service enables drivers to carry out any of the following features remotely:
- Use smartphone, laptop or tablet as a key fob for your car regardless of where you are to help when accidently locked out
- Connect your smartphone to your car via Bluetooth for key fob commands when in locations like a parking garage
- Easily locate and access your family cars anywhere and anytime without having to remember to tag your vehicle's original location
- Monitor overall vehicle status
- Diagnose the vehicle's engine health
- Receive alerts for driving behavior and vehicle performance issues
- Set up geo-fences and receive alerts for entry and exit
- Live tracking
- Automatic trip logs to help with things like expense report records
The system operates through a downloadable Delphi smartphone app, available for Android 2.2 and later and Apple iOS 5.0 and later devices, as well as a Delphi Web portal that is compatible with Internet Explorer 7 and later, Google Chrome, Apple Safari and Firefox browsers. Data transmitted through the Delphi connectivity system remains secure and encrypted over the Verizon Wireless network.
"Drivers can now easily buy a connectivity device that plugs into most vehicles produced over the past 16 years, instantly furnishing seamless interaction and connectivity inside and outside the vehicle," said Jeffrey J. Owens, Delphi chief technology officer. "Our device will help keep vehicles secure and operating optimally."
The Delphi connectivity system's key fob service operates over the Verizon Wireless network or via Bluetooth to remotely lock or unlock doors, open the trunk, start or stop the engine and operate a panic horn on select vehicles.
The Delphi Connected Car App and the Connected Car Website will display the last location where a vehicle was parked; the address and coordinates where it is situated; and a map with directions to the vehicle.
To help families stay aware of their drivers whereabouts, the system will designate up to six circular "fences" around locations where drivers are permitted to travel and will issue alerts when the vehicle enters or exits a fenced area.
The system's Live Tracking feature enables real-time vehicle tracking with five-second updates, showing vehicle speed and heading.
The system also will report on the vehicle's condition and display a list of issues found.
The trip-logging feature provides a summary of all trips from engine start to engine stop, as well as such detailed information on recent trips as:
- Total Distance
- Start date/time
- Start location
- End date/time
- End location
- Engine idle time
- Map view of trip start and end locations
Among the alerts that can be generated by the connectivity system are:
- Check engine light
- Battery voltage
- High RPM (greater than 4000 for 5 seconds)
- Geo-fences entry and exit
- High speed (over 75 mph for 5 seconds)
- E-mails for geo-fences and high-speed alerts
Delphi is a leading global supplier of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle and other market segments. Operating major technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support facilities in 30 countries, Delphi delivers real-world innovations that make products smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient. Connect to innovation at www.delphi.com.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Google’s Enterprise Problem
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- Benefits and Economics of Strong Authentication in the Cloud
- DataStax Announces New Startup Programme Offering Free Software, As Well As Free Training Courses For Cassandra Users And New Developer Tool
- Get Ready to Think Out (C)loud With Cloud Sherpas’ Upcoming Webinar Series
- Evaluation Report on Virtual Backup Software
- New PubNub App Template for WebRTC
- Strategic Enough to Matter, Code Halos and Mobile Apps
- GAMA : Quatre acteurs clefs, quatre stratégies différentes !
- 7 Christmas Gifts For Your Business
- Box and NSI Partnership Brings the Cloud to Businesses in the Middle East
- Wowza Joins Google Cloud Platform with Google Compute Engine
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Cloud Security Alliance Releases Cloud Controls Matrix, Version 3.0
- Survey Finds Large Enterprises Adopting WebRTC
- WebRTC Summit | WebRTC: Test then Disrupt
- WebRTC Summit Speaker Submissions Open
- WSO2 Expands Identity Management Capabilities Across Cloud, Mobile and Web Applications With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 4.5
- Twilio and LiveOps to Deliver WebRTC Deployments
- BMC Software to Exhibit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Oracle Demonstrates WebRTC Solution with CounterPath's Bria
- OpenStack for the Enterprise – Showcasing the OpenStack Ecosystem
- GENBAND Showcases WebRTC and Cloud
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Personal Branding Checklist
- AJAXWorld 2006 West Power Panel with Google's Adam Bosworth
- Why Microsoft Loves Google's Android
- Google's OpenSocial: A Technical Overview and Critique
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
- i-Technology Blog: Google Trends on Java, McNealy, AJAX, and SOA Give Pause For Thought
- i-Technology Blog: Is There Life Beyond Google?
- Android: Who Hates Google Over the Phone?