|By Marketwired .||
|January 8, 2013 06:00 AM EST||
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- SnapLogic, the leader in enterprise cloud integration, accomplished significant milestones in 2012, including raising $20 million in Series C funding, tripling enterprise customers, and releasing several product innovations. Enterprises globally are adopting SnapLogic as their standard for integrating enterprise business applications both on-premises and in the cloud.
"SnapLogic is entering a new phase of growth in 2013, and our vision of seamlessly and robustly integrating enterprise applications and business processes in the cloud has come to fruition," said Gaurav Dhillon, chairman and CEO of SnapLogic. "Global 2000 companies have recognized SnapLogic's value as both an on-ramp to the cloud and the fastest and most productive way to integrate complex webs of SaaS and on-premises applications."
"It's gratifying to see enterprise CIOs embrace SnapLogic in their new roles as Chief Innovation Officers. These new CIOs and their teams are successfully orchestrating petabytes of business data seamlessly across hybrid environments by utilizing our powerful, cloud-centric integration technology as the engine that drives their innovation," continued Dhillon.
- Over the course of 2012, SnapLogic continuously added new capabilities to its enterprise cloud integration platform. Customers can now leverage more enterprise-class features, such as high availability and rollback support, smarter server shutdown options, and a more intuitive interface for administrative tasks.
- In addition, SnapLogic's powerful integration designer enhancements and new real-time performance monitoring features give users instant insight into the health of their integrations, so they can tune system performance and conduct real-time debugging to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Other improvements this year included several new core components for managing large data sets, richer documentation content, and enhanced data security inside and outside the corporate firewall.
- In 2012, SnapLogic surpassed 150 Snaps in its SnapStore, which is an open marketplace of intelligent data connectors. New Snaps are available for applications like Apptio, Amazon S3, Concur, Google Apps, Netezza, Microsoft Dynamics, PGP, Responsys, Splunk, ServiceNow, VMware vCenter and Yammer. In addition, key enhancements to the Salesforce.com Snap include Bulk API support and a SOQL wizard.
Customer Wins and New Partnerships
- In 2012, SnapLogic delivered 300% year-over-year growth, counting some of the world's most successful enterprises as new customers, including Bloomin' Brands, a global restaurant chain with 90,000 employees and 1,200 locations across brands like Outback Steakhouse.
- SnapLogic forged new partnerships throughout the software industry, helping enterprises easily connect key cloud and on-premises applications together. In 2012, SnapLogic collaborated with software companies like Anaplan, Apptio, Birst, Netezza, RevStream, ServiceNow, Splunk, SumoLogic and Zuora, and with system integrators like Accenture, Deloitte, NTT Data, Persistent Systems, Wipro, CloudTP and Zuna.
- SnapLogic closed a $20 million Series C funding round this year led by new investor Ignition Partners, and joined by Triangle Peak Partners and existing investors Andreessen Horowitz.
- The company formed a CIO Advisory Board, gaining valuable expertise from veteran CIOs who are helping SnapLogic uncover data-related trends in cloud computing and providing counsel regarding the company's technology direction and economic model.
- In 2012, the company also added new leadership talent, including Andrea Eubanks De Jounge as vice president of marketing. In addition, J. Christopher Wagner and Marco Massenzio were promoted to CTO and vice president of engineering, respectively, rounding out a stellar technology leadership team. Chris, "the cloud guy," was previously a key technical leader at Cisco, Network Appliance and Silicon Graphics, Inc. And prior to SnapLogic, Marco led Google's engineering efforts around the delivery and operation of massively scalable distributed systems.
- SnapLogic was selected as a DataWeek Top Innovator in the fall, after joining the list of 2012's Top 100 Data Innovators earlier in the year. SnapLogic was chosen by esteemed judges and online voters as DataWeek's best platform/API, one of over a dozen categories highlighting the most innovative areas of the data industry.
- SnapLogic also won the Best Cloud Platform award at the 3rd Annual Cloud Computing World Forum this year, where the SnapLogic Integration Platform was selected from over 250 applicants in the annual Cloud Computing World Series.
- In addition, SnapLogic was selected as a Best Integration Solution finalist for the prestigious 2012 CODiE Awards, as well as a Best Cloud Middleware finalist in the Up-Start Cloud Awards.
SnapLogic is the leader in enterprise cloud integration, transforming how companies integrate business applications on-premise and in the cloud. With the award-winning SnapLogic Integration Platform, organizations can easily and securely connect a variety of applications or data sources together, while achieving radically better performance and faster implementations than with traditional integration technologies. SnapLogic offers a scalable enterprise integration hub, a browser-based drag and drop visual designer, and a rich library of connectors (called Snaps).
Based in San Mateo, Calif., SnapLogic's products are used by prominent companies in the Global 2000. SnapLogic is funded by leading venture investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Ignition Partners. For more information, call +1.888.494.1570 or visit www.snaplogic.com.
Connect with SnapLogic
- Read the blog: http://blog.snaplogic.com/
- Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/snaplogic
- Visit on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SnapLogic
- Find on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/210766/SnapLogic
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (415) 432-2439
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 23, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,519
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,383
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from hardware to software, or as we like to say, it’s an Internet of many different things. The difference ...
Nov. 22, 2014 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,187
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,406
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,354
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,184
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 21, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,296
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,367
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,313
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,237
Focused on this fast-growing market’s needs, Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of IC solutions to advance "Ethernet Everywhere" in Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks, introduced its IStaX™ software (VSC6815SDK), a robust protocol stack to simplify deployment and management of Industrial-IoT network applications such as Industrial Ethernet switching, surveillance, video distribution, LCD signage, intelligent sensors, and metering equipment. Leveraging technologies proven in the Carrier and Enterprise markets, IStaX is designed to work ac...
Nov. 20, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,332
C-Labs LLC, a leading provider of remote and mobile access for the Internet of Things (IoT), announced the appointment of John Traynor to the position of chief operating officer. Previously a strategic advisor to the firm, Mr. Traynor will now oversee sales, marketing, finance, and operations. Mr. Traynor is based out of the C-Labs office in Redmond, Washington. He reports to Chris Muench, Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Traynor brings valuable business leadership and technology industry expertise to C-Labs. With over 30 years' experience in the high-tech sector, John Traynor has held numerous...
Nov. 20, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,283
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 20, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,067
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades.
Nov. 20, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,529
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Nov. 20, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,761
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Nov. 18, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,996
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,575
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,523
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Nov. 18, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,991
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world. The next @ThingsExpo will take place November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, in Santa Clara, California. Since its launch in 2008, Cloud Expo TV commercials have been aired and CNBC, Fox News Network, and Bloomberg TV. Please enjoy our 2014 commercial.
Nov. 13, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,534