|By Marketwired .||
|January 8, 2013 06:00 AM EST||
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- SnapLogic, the leader in enterprise cloud integration, accomplished significant milestones in 2012, including raising $20 million in Series C funding, tripling enterprise customers, and releasing several product innovations. Enterprises globally are adopting SnapLogic as their standard for integrating enterprise business applications both on-premises and in the cloud.
"SnapLogic is entering a new phase of growth in 2013, and our vision of seamlessly and robustly integrating enterprise applications and business processes in the cloud has come to fruition," said Gaurav Dhillon, chairman and CEO of SnapLogic. "Global 2000 companies have recognized SnapLogic's value as both an on-ramp to the cloud and the fastest and most productive way to integrate complex webs of SaaS and on-premises applications."
"It's gratifying to see enterprise CIOs embrace SnapLogic in their new roles as Chief Innovation Officers. These new CIOs and their teams are successfully orchestrating petabytes of business data seamlessly across hybrid environments by utilizing our powerful, cloud-centric integration technology as the engine that drives their innovation," continued Dhillon.
- Over the course of 2012, SnapLogic continuously added new capabilities to its enterprise cloud integration platform. Customers can now leverage more enterprise-class features, such as high availability and rollback support, smarter server shutdown options, and a more intuitive interface for administrative tasks.
- In addition, SnapLogic's powerful integration designer enhancements and new real-time performance monitoring features give users instant insight into the health of their integrations, so they can tune system performance and conduct real-time debugging to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Other improvements this year included several new core components for managing large data sets, richer documentation content, and enhanced data security inside and outside the corporate firewall.
- In 2012, SnapLogic surpassed 150 Snaps in its SnapStore, which is an open marketplace of intelligent data connectors. New Snaps are available for applications like Apptio, Amazon S3, Concur, Google Apps, Netezza, Microsoft Dynamics, PGP, Responsys, Splunk, ServiceNow, VMware vCenter and Yammer. In addition, key enhancements to the Salesforce.com Snap include Bulk API support and a SOQL wizard.
Customer Wins and New Partnerships
- In 2012, SnapLogic delivered 300% year-over-year growth, counting some of the world's most successful enterprises as new customers, including Bloomin' Brands, a global restaurant chain with 90,000 employees and 1,200 locations across brands like Outback Steakhouse.
- SnapLogic forged new partnerships throughout the software industry, helping enterprises easily connect key cloud and on-premises applications together. In 2012, SnapLogic collaborated with software companies like Anaplan, Apptio, Birst, Netezza, RevStream, ServiceNow, Splunk, SumoLogic and Zuora, and with system integrators like Accenture, Deloitte, NTT Data, Persistent Systems, Wipro, CloudTP and Zuna.
- SnapLogic closed a $20 million Series C funding round this year led by new investor Ignition Partners, and joined by Triangle Peak Partners and existing investors Andreessen Horowitz.
- The company formed a CIO Advisory Board, gaining valuable expertise from veteran CIOs who are helping SnapLogic uncover data-related trends in cloud computing and providing counsel regarding the company's technology direction and economic model.
- In 2012, the company also added new leadership talent, including Andrea Eubanks De Jounge as vice president of marketing. In addition, J. Christopher Wagner and Marco Massenzio were promoted to CTO and vice president of engineering, respectively, rounding out a stellar technology leadership team. Chris, "the cloud guy," was previously a key technical leader at Cisco, Network Appliance and Silicon Graphics, Inc. And prior to SnapLogic, Marco led Google's engineering efforts around the delivery and operation of massively scalable distributed systems.
- SnapLogic was selected as a DataWeek Top Innovator in the fall, after joining the list of 2012's Top 100 Data Innovators earlier in the year. SnapLogic was chosen by esteemed judges and online voters as DataWeek's best platform/API, one of over a dozen categories highlighting the most innovative areas of the data industry.
- SnapLogic also won the Best Cloud Platform award at the 3rd Annual Cloud Computing World Forum this year, where the SnapLogic Integration Platform was selected from over 250 applicants in the annual Cloud Computing World Series.
- In addition, SnapLogic was selected as a Best Integration Solution finalist for the prestigious 2012 CODiE Awards, as well as a Best Cloud Middleware finalist in the Up-Start Cloud Awards.
SnapLogic is the leader in enterprise cloud integration, transforming how companies integrate business applications on-premise and in the cloud. With the award-winning SnapLogic Integration Platform, organizations can easily and securely connect a variety of applications or data sources together, while achieving radically better performance and faster implementations than with traditional integration technologies. SnapLogic offers a scalable enterprise integration hub, a browser-based drag and drop visual designer, and a rich library of connectors (called Snaps).
Based in San Mateo, Calif., SnapLogic's products are used by prominent companies in the Global 2000. SnapLogic is funded by leading venture investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Ignition Partners. For more information, call +1.888.494.1570 or visit www.snaplogic.com.
Connect with SnapLogic
- Read the blog: http://blog.snaplogic.com/
- Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/snaplogic
- Visit on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SnapLogic
- Find on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/210766/SnapLogic
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (415) 432-2439
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 21, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,395
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,013
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,428
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,166
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 21, 2014 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,303
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 21, 2014 06:15 AM EST Reads: 2,139
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,413
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,420
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,271
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,392
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 951
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,448
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,493
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,463
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,415
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,573
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,423
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,779
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,932
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,994